Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My partner has cancer  (Read 3458 times)

jaypo

Re: My partner has cancer
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2021, 09:08:36 AM »

It's strange how men and women deal with things so differently,all we can do is be there for each other when hard times fall,please keep letting us know how you both are x

Spangles

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2021, 09:10:38 AM »

Hi Everyone,
My partner completed his treatment 3 weeks ago. This last 3 weeks have been the hardest. He barely communicates and when he does it’s usually to moan at me or criticise me. My anxiety is high and I’m low. I’m trying to get out a bit and keep myself busy but life is hard. He’s now going through the angry stage.
Obviously the heat isn’t helping!
xXx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2021, 11:11:11 AM »

Morning.  tnx 4 the update.  What support are you both getting, there should be a dedicated Nurse - otherwise mayB contact Macmillion Nurses or the other organisation (with the daisy) can't remember the name  >:(.

When people are scared they can become angry.  A natural reaction too when keeping feelings internalised.  You'll need broad shoulders for a while when he lets go.

Into next week will probably be the time to sit down and discuss where you go - "When you moan I feel sad, am I not supporting you enough?" type conversation.  This of course is what support services should be offering.  Regardless of C-19, it's about being able to vent in a safe place.

What plans do you have this week for U?

jaypo

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2021, 02:24:32 PM »

Thank you spangles,how is he doing? You're bound to be feeling all these mixed emotions,it's difficult when a loved one turns on us but like you said,it's a natural phase he's going through and yes,this heat CANNOT help,keep going girl,offload here anytime you like
Pages: 1 [2]