Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hi All - New here and have questions 😊  (Read 882 times)

Ninaanne75

• First Flush
Hi All - New here and have questions 😊
« on: May 05, 2021, 10:04:34 PM »

Hi there all, I'm 46 and been told by Dr my ovaries are packing up and I'm in Peri-Menopause. So great, I'm not to worried that it's all started but my God, what a ride so far. I have not had a period for 3 months so far, my hot flushes have been constant for 2 months, every day, every other hour, through night waking me up, then waking up again freezing but not wet and sweaty, just hot. My head has felt fuzzy or heavy or just not too clear lately. I get this off sensation, it's like a fizz in my legs and tummy riding up into my chest and can be followed by a flush, what is that weird feeling. I have more acid indigestion than ever lol, so much so I took an acid blocker for a month (prescribed by go)and what bliss. So what more, well now my moods have changed, one day I feel like I can't be bothered, everything seems dull, noting can please me and I don't give a flip...next day, fine, better, like a normal day, up and down like the change of a hat. I can feel rather irrational, sometimes erratic, I have had depression 12 years ago when kids were small and my husband was brilliant and I got through although it was one of the worst times of my life, I am worried now these hormone imbalances will trigger it, done days my head feels numb. I have a call with Dr on Monday as I can go on HRT now, I think I will. Oh also a rash on my tummy, gets itchy sometimes, apparently hormone imbalances again...us women do go through it, do any of these things relate to you too? I feel like I am going a little cuckoo. Lovely lady's please tell me you know what I'm talking about 😊😄😳🤪🥵😤😢🙈

Taz2

Re: Hi All - New here and have questions 😊
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 10:44:04 PM »

Hi Ninaanne! We understand completely and you will feel so much better able to cope now you've found us lot!   :)

As you are only 46 then HRT is definitely a good idea for you as it will protect your heart and bones. The usual age for Meno is 51 so you will be merely replacing oestrogen which should have naturally been yours for another five years. Good news too is that HRT is usually very good at getting rid of hot flushes and without them you will feel much better.

Rashes are common during peri and menopause but again HRT can often ease this symptom as it replenishes your oestrogen.

Lots of help and advice on here plus friendship and humour. I'm sure you'll fit right in  :D
Taz x  :welcomemm:

Ninaanne75

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 09:19:42 AM »

That's lovely, thank you. Off to Drs in an hour, to get started on HRT! Fingers crossed 🤞🏻

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 03:11:26 PM »

Good luck. Let us know how you get on.

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2021, 03:30:30 PM »

:welcomemm:  some find that keeping a mood/symptom/food diary of use.

Browse round.