Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Estrogel dose + mirena  (Read 785 times)

Keithee

Estrogel dose + mirena
« on: May 08, 2021, 10:39:39 AM »

Hi, I'm in peri, age 45, previous very bad pmt. Had the mirena fitted Dec last year for pmt, initially I had a bad reaction, mood swings/rage. Gynae prescribed 1 pump estrogel which helped, I upped it to 2 the past couple of months which helped more.
Last month I didn't have a period, a few pains but nothing. The past month I've also been having a lot of increased joint pain (I've osteoarthritis) I'm so so tired and zero libido!!
Should I try upping the estrogel dose gradually, or am I having too much? Have left a message for gynae to call me for advice.
Thanks 🙂

sheila99

Re: Estrogel dose + mirena
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 11:38:23 AM »

I would increase. It's more usual to start on 2 pumps in peri but you may well need to increase it as you produce less yourself, I started on 2 and am now on 4 (late peri) . Most become bleed free with a mirena so don't worry about that. You may find you need to add testosterone for libido though your oestrogen needs to be stable first.

Keithee

Re: Estrogel dose + mirena
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 12:25:27 PM »

Thank you for replying Sheila, I will up the dose to 3 and see how I get on.
I'm self diagnosing peri, I never seem to get any answers from the Dr's, just palmed off with anti d's and told that the menopause will be the best thing to happen to me  >:(