Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Apologies, I'm really scared. I called 111 about my headaches...  (Read 8348 times)

Taz2

Re: Apologies, I'm really scared. I called 111 about my headaches...
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2021, 10:22:33 PM »

Tension headaches always make me feel as you describe especially the spaced out feeling.

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2021, 06:31:30 AM »

Oh I have altered sensation in my cheeks.  Non related to headaches.  As with tinnitus, I've kind of got used to it  ::)

Keep hydrated.  Eat little and often.  Go for a walk or do something that doesn't entail bending your neck too often, i.e. if you read, keep the book up rather than on your knees ;-)

Glad your Mum is OK!

loonarider

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2021, 06:41:10 AM »

Tension headaches always make me feel as you describe especially the spaced out feeling.

Taz x

Ah, good to know. How are you feeling? A bit better? I hope so x

loonarider

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2021, 06:41:57 AM »

Oh I have altered sensation in my cheeks.  Non related to headaches.  As with tinnitus, I've kind of got used to it  ::)

Keep hydrated.  Eat little and often.  Go for a walk or do something that doesn't entail bending your neck too often, i.e. if you read, keep the book up rather than on your knees ;-)

Glad your Mum is OK!

Thanks.

And yes, going to do exactly that  :)

loonarider

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2021, 09:09:09 AM »

Hope you guys don't mind me rambling here.

So I keep hearing that after 4 days if headaches get worse better rush down to A and E. Is this up to 4 days post vaccine or from 4 days after the vaccine? Also, if you've had side effects - heachlache, fatgiue etc soon after the vaccine, does that mean less likely for things to get way worse?

Just cconfused. Yes, I still have headaches, tension, sometimes on the left side of head then moves to the right or both. Sort of pulsating almost. Anyone still experiencing headaches similar to to this 4 + days post jab. I'm wondering if it'll ever go. I'm eating, drinking,  popping pain killers and hping my weekend (which will be about a week post vaccine) will be a headache free. :D

Ju Ju

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2021, 10:13:45 AM »

Hi, still got my headache. 2nd vaccine on Monday. It was bad in the night and pain killers didn’t make any difference. So not much sleep. Had to do my trans anal system stuff this morning. Kept doing things wrong, but my headache has all but lifted. Drifting in and out. So having a PJ day today. Both my son and DIL were a bit poorly for a few days. DH has been fine, as has my DD. Still much better than COVID-19.

menomope

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2021, 10:25:50 AM »

Hi loonarider
I think you need to give it a week after the vaccine to feel back to normal.
With my first vaccine I was quite poorly and in bed for three days - fever with pulsating headache etc. That was back in january and there was nothing in the news about blood clots post AZ vaccine then so I didnt worry at all . Not a bit.
 I had my second AZ vaccine 21 days ago and I worried about it a lot- even though it was my second. I felt weird for the first 7 days with shooting pains coming and going and felt spaced out. I had a lot of tension headaches- neck related and also above the temples. I think anxiety played a huge part of this.I am fine but slightly aware how many days since the vaccine it has been and I probably wont completely relax until day 33 rolls around!!
So what I am saying is - it is normal to be anxious especially as it has been in the news and very scary. But remember a headache where you cant stand up is the one to be concerned about. Plus vision problems- feeling sick etc. I read that the headache which is the one to worry about comes on suddenly and doesnt move around or come and go. It develops after 4 days up to 16 days ( and maybe later).
Anxiety can cause  headaches and you tend to focus more on every slight twinge. I broke a blood vessel in my hand (without realising) a few days after my vaccine. I suddenly saw blood under my skin and had a complete anxiety attack until I realised what it was. I understand how you feel.

As each day passes you will worry less

loonarider

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2021, 10:45:51 AM »

Hi loonarider
I think you need to give it a week after the vaccine to feel back to normal.
With my first vaccine I was quite poorly and in bed for three days - fever with pulsating headache etc. That was back in january and there was nothing in the news about blood clots post AZ vaccine then so I didnt worry at all . Not a bit.
 I had my second AZ vaccine 21 days ago and I worried about it a lot- even though it was my second. I felt weird for the first 7 days with shooting pains coming and going and felt spaced out. I had a lot of tension headaches- neck related and also above the temples. I think anxiety played a huge part of this.I am fine but slightly aware how many days since the vaccine it has been and I probably wont completely relax until day 33 rolls around!!
So what I am saying is - it is normal to be anxious especially as it has been in the news and very scary. But remember a headache where you cant stand up is the one to be concerned about. Plus vision problems- feeling sick etc. I read that the headache which is the one to worry about comes on suddenly and doesnt move around or come and go. It develops after 4 days up to 16 days ( and maybe later).
Anxiety can cause  headaches and you tend to focus more on every slight twinge. I broke a blood vessel in my hand (without realising) a few days after my vaccine. I suddenly saw blood under my skin and had a complete anxiety attack until I realised what it was. I understand how you feel.

As each day passes you will worry less
#

Hey there,

Thanks for your response, always informative and stress relieving. Have to say, I can stand up, but have a bit of diziness, and my eyes are funky -  can't expain it - possibly a bit blurry? Not sure if I'm looking for niggles or not or how to discern which ends up with me calling 111....again. Either way, I guess the good news it the headaches sort of gradually come and go.

I have had nausea soon after the jab and has come and gone too. Mostly in the morning, nothing to shout about though. Very mild. Just went to the garden to plant a tree and was finding it hard to bend, head started pulsting, or maybe that's just blood rshing to my head making things worse. I have the same when lying down...

ANyway, thanks again. And you're right, while I know I'm still chiming on here, every day that passes, I feel better able to get one with things.

H

loonarider

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2021, 10:47:32 AM »

Hi, still got my headache. 2nd vaccine on Monday. It was bad in the night and pain killers didn’t make any difference. So not much sleep. Had to do my trans anal system stuff this morning. Kept doing things wrong, but my headache has all but lifted. Drifting in and out. So having a PJ day today. Both my son and DIL were a bit poorly for a few days. DH has been fine, as has my DD. Still much better than COVID-19.

Yes, much better than covid, got to keep telling myself that. So it seems the 2nd vaccine has it's side effects too, I mean I guess it's not surprising - but heard 2nd would be way easier since it's a lower dose? I dunno, I'm hoping it'll be a breeze. Take care   ::)

Ju Ju

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2021, 12:00:02 PM »

I think it depends on the individual. I had no side effects after the first vaccine, apart from an achy arm.

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2021, 07:58:41 PM »

If it were a side effect by now you would have been floored with pain.

I would get a home blood pressure monitor and take your BP, sitting, B4 eating at a regular time in the morning.  The best of 3 pressures.  I don't register on the one that DH has  ;D.  Keep hydrated and eat little and often.  Headaches can be due to stress, sleeping to heavily, not getting enough sleep, not getting enough fresh air or exercise. 

loonarider

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2021, 08:03:25 PM »

I think it depends on the individual. I had no side effects after the first vaccine, apart from an achy arm.
Jealous! ;D

loonarider

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2021, 08:08:30 PM »

If it were a side effect by now you would have been floored with pain.

I would get a home blood pressure monitor and take your BP, sitting, B4 eating at a regular time in the morning.  The best of 3 pressures.  I don't register on the one that DH has  ;D.  Keep hydrated and eat little and often.  Headaches can be due to stress, sleeping to heavily, not getting enough sleep, not getting enough fresh air or exercise.

I used to have the wrist one, but turned out it was rubbish according to the paramedics who came to my house after having what I thought was a heart attack a few years ago  ;D

So have been eyeing up the proper arm ones that you see in most GP surgeries, I get a bit obsessive about checking te pulse, BP, and other ways of meausring health though. But I guess it's sometimes good to check things are OK now and then.

I've hhad an unsatiable hunger since the jab, almost like I'm close to my period which I'm not - eating everything in sight. Or maybe yet another peri symptom. Either way, deifnitely trying to sleep, eat well (difficult right now) and stay active. My headaches aren't that bad like last night, nearly didn't notice them. We will see what tomorrow brings to the table... ???

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2021, 08:22:03 PM »

I was thirsty for 2 days ........ also stress can use up energy = hungry.

loonarider

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2021, 10:28:29 AM »

I was thirsty for 2 days ........ also stress can use up energy = hungry.

I wonder how many calories we burn from stress!  :spin:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4