Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Apologies, I'm really scared. I called 111 about my headaches...  (Read 8600 times)

loonarider

I called 111 about headaches and waiting for a nurse to call back.

The headaches are scaring me and Im just posting because I'm so frightened.

I've hydrated, taken Nurofen and I still feel the same.

I'm sorry for banging on. I had my astrazeneca jab on Saturday just last at 3:30pm.

Gnatty

Re: Apologies, I'm really scared. I called 111 about my headaches...
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 08:19:44 PM »

I do hope the nurse will be able to put your mind at rest. I felt the same, had a very similar pressure headache, but as everyone on here has been saying I think a blood clot would feel so so so much worse. Two things might help, just keep busy, tidy that shoe cupboard - and do it mindfully - focus on exactly what you are doing and the minute scary thoughts creep in, refocus. The second thing is slow calm breathing. This is a great technique  and the more you do it the quicker it puts you back into calm mode. If you are fearful in the middle of the night you could try calling Samaritans, they are there for anyone that is having a difficult time and I think you might find a talk very calming. You will get through this x

loonarider

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 09:17:52 PM »

I do hope the nurse will be able to put your mind at rest. I felt the same, had a very similar pressure headache, but as everyone on here has been saying I think a blood clot would feel so so so much worse. Two things might help, just keep busy, tidy that shoe cupboard - and do it mindfully - focus on exactly what you are doing and the minute scary thoughts creep in, refocus. The second thing is slow calm breathing. This is a great technique  and the more you do it the quicker it puts you back into calm mode. If you are fearful in the middle of the night you could try calling Samaritans, they are there for anyone that is having a difficult time and I think you might find a talk very calming. You will get through this x

Aww thank you Gnatty so helpful, and feel more relieved knowing others have experienced it.

I will do what you said and I really appreciate you responding. I'm feeling a bit of a wreck at this time and I really need to stop posting everything that comes into my head :o

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 06:19:11 AM »

Hi keep posting .... there will always be someone along to help 😘 .

loonarider

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 06:33:52 AM »

Hi keep posting .... there will always be someone along to help 😘 .

Thanks Dotty xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2021, 07:43:11 AM »

What is the worst that could happen?  Did U get a call back yet?

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2021, 08:09:05 AM »

Hi Loonarider.

How ya doing? ..
Hope your feeling a bit better now.
Sleep if you can aswell, even taking a five minute nap will help.

Let us know how your are. 💐

Jd xx

loonarider

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2021, 11:00:17 AM »

What is the worst that could happen?  Did U get a call back yet?

I did, but it was so late I was out of it and in a deep sleep. Missed call from the nurse at 3 am  :o

Suffice to say, the head pressure is there, it's not painful. It's kind of in the background and maybe just need to get used to it until it disappates.  :-X
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 11:04:31 AM by loonarider »

loonarider

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2021, 11:03:21 AM »

Hi Loonarider.

How ya doing? ..
Hope your feeling a bit better now.
Sleep if you can aswell, even taking a five minute nap will help.

Let us know how your are. 💐

Jd xx

There's one perk about the vaccine, Ive beenn sleeping deeply for the past 2 days, and nearly slept over 9 hrs (unusual for me). So missed the call from nurse, which was at 3 am ish. The weird pressure is there, but trying to ignore it - it comes and goes. Doesn't hurt, jus annoying and well worrying, but thinking its a side effect that will go away soon hopefully.

Yes if I feel like I need to rest will definitely take a nap. Uusally put it off just so not to mess up my body clock.

Thanks for checking in x

Iris67

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2021, 11:11:15 AM »

Glad you're feeling a bit better. The official message downplays the experiences people have had - it seems fairly normal to have a bad headache and all sorts of other nasty symptoms for longer than a couple of days, but it makes sense to 'check in' if you're not sure and they will know what's going on. I think they would rather you got in touch than tried to 'tough it out', after all it's their job - they don't do it for free! No need to feel guilty.

loonarider

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2021, 02:13:01 PM »

Glad you're feeling a bit better. The official message downplays the experiences people have had - it seems fairly normal to have a bad headache and all sorts of other nasty symptoms for longer than a couple of days, but it makes sense to 'check in' if you're not sure and they will know what's going on. I think they would rather you got in touch than tried to 'tough it out', after all it's their job - they don't do it for free! No need to feel guilty.

Thanks  :)x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2021, 03:34:22 PM »

Better now.  ?  Have you managed to keep yourself busy ?

How's your Mum?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 04:52:14 PM by CLKD »

Ju Ju

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2021, 07:48:28 PM »

I had my second AZ vaccine on Monday and have had a headache since yesterday. Information for my age group said headache etc was uncommon for my age group, if not for younger groups. Really? Seems fairly normal, having talked to others. I’ve reassured a friend that a blood clot head ache is far more painful than the background headaches we’ve experienced.

loonarider

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2021, 09:38:54 PM »

Better now.  ?  Have you managed to keep yourself busy ?

How's your Mum?

Hey there,

I wouldn't say better, just a weird spaced out, disorientated feeling. Still got headaches been popping Nurofen like my life depended on it.

I spoke to my GP today and he said it's a tension headache after describing it to him and if he felt I needed emergency help refer me to A and E, but I don't.
So I guess I have to deal with it. I was browsing which really I shouldn't be for others with same issue including pins and needles in face I've been getting which comes and goes. Found out quite a few people on the forum (not this one) had the same issue post vaccine.

It's like all my symptoms have been pretty much neural. I did manage to try get on with the day which put my mind off it for a bit.

Mum's good. Just horrible pain in knee (she had key hope surgery there to remove a clot),  which apparently might be a tendon issue according to the nurse she saw at the hospital.  ::)

loonarider

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2021, 09:41:39 PM »

I had my second AZ vaccine on Monday and have had a headache since yesterday. Information for my age group said headache etc was uncommon for my age group, if not for younger groups. Really? Seems fairly normal, having talked to others. I’ve reassured a friend that a blood clot head ache is far more painful than the background headaches we’ve experienced.

Thanks, Ju Ju,

Yep, keep felling myself that it would be really painful and severe if it were a clot to keep myself from worrying too much. Thanks    :D
Pages: [1] 2 3 4