Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: 11 week update Femseven Conti Advice please  (Read 2804 times)

warwick01

11 week update Femseven Conti Advice please
« on: May 06, 2021, 04:47:03 PM »

Hi

So it has been 10 weeks on femseven Conti. Just applied my 11th patch. Its been a roller coaster regarding side effects. i think I have had every side effect on the list. First few weeks the joint pain and Odema were pretty grim. Although not plesent I pushed through. No bleed, no headaches no dizziness which for me are positive. I have had an increase in itchy skin and leg jerks :-\ However the last 2 days I have been very depressed to the point that worries me. I think about not living anymore. These are intrusive thoughts, suffered with these when I had post natal depression. It is obviously the progesterone part so my question is..... should I half the patch, take it off to lift my mood or carry on???

I was on the same progesterone in bCP Logynon for 15 years, although not sure if its continuas.

Finally - I have had some good days but its the depression I can't cope with.

Wx

Julia Dizzy

Re: 11 week update Femseven Conti Advice please
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 01:06:38 PM »

Hi Warwick, so sorry to hear you are still not feeling great on the Femseven. :'( You have given it a good go so far, so maybe I don't know if the balance of the hormones in the patch are just right for us all, the dose seems quite low compared to what's in other regimes but I'm not really well up on that?? I guess you could try half a patch for a few weeks maybe and see how you feel?

Do you have a back up plan for a different regime? Or have you ever tried Evorel conti, I haven't and was wondering about that one, I read you change that one twice a week? I like the fact that it is all transdermal with a patch and no pill taking to upset the tummy.

I stopped my Femseven a while ago as they were irritating my skin after 2 weeks but didn't seem to have any other side effects. I am now trying them again as from last week, I hated taking the Utrogestan (gives me lower right abdomen pain) every night when was on the other regime, but loved the Estradot patches part! 

The first week back on Femseven I stuck it on my tummy to try a different place and that didn't go red. (hubby said cos its so fat lol...) However, this week have put it on the back on my right thigh top buttock and its itching underneath with a bit of red. I am going to persevere, it seems to be sticking ok but when on my tummy I had to put a plaster on as that came loose.

I have had a couple of days where I feel kind of ok, but still feel weak, tired, weepy and washed out after losing my Mum in February, so maybe not sure if that's throwing a spanner in the works anyway? I haven't had a bleed either thankfully so the jury is still out for me.

I was also wondering how every one else is getting on with them? Would be good to hear different opinions??

Take care and hope you feel a bit better soon xx

linz57

Re: 11 week update Femseven Conti Advice please
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 05:50:14 PM »

I used FemSeven conti patches for a couple of years but I noticed I was getting more and more short tempered and argumentative as time went on. Family members commented on the difference in me and said I would fly off the handle for no reason.
I reluctantly changed over to Evorel Conti ( I had  heard negative comments  about the norethisterone in this patch and was concerned it would give me low mood ) and was delighted to find I had no more trouble with my moods. I felt so much more balanced and relaxed so it just goes to show it’s trial and error.  What suits one doesn’t suit another I know, but it might be worth trying  at least.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 05:58:24 PM by linz57 »