Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Balance..  (Read 1506 times)

KaraShannon

Balance..
« on: May 05, 2021, 12:09:02 PM »

Hi everyone

My balance isn't what it was.  Things like standing on one leg to put a shoe on etc, I notice I'm constantly correcting my balance.   I will of course mention it to the doctor but just wondering if this is a known symptom at this stage of life?  I'm on evorel sequi and it improved lots of things, perhaps not as much now as when I started it a year and a half ago.

If it's a known menopause thing, does it stabilise later?  Or  what?   :-\

Thanks  :)

KaraShannon

Re: Balance..
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 12:10:21 PM »

I also notice it improves on the combination patch, but on the estradiol only patch it seems to build up to being noticeable just before what would be 'ovulation' patchwise  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 12:20:08 PM »

I read about 8 months ago that in order to help our overall health, we should practice twice a day: standing on 1 leg to keep the brain on track.  Me, I wobble away when putting socks on or stepping into knickers  ::) and that advice goes through my mind every time.

Do you feel dizzy when getting out of bed or from a chair?  I have a nerve in the back of my neck which when I turn suddenly, makes me woozy.

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 03:12:39 PM »

I do some easy yoga,it really helps with balance as like you,I've noticed that lately I've wobbled a few times

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 03:31:27 PM »

? take more water with it ? [gets in B4 jilllydoll ;-) ]

Gnatty

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2021, 04:45:31 PM »

My understanding is that balance has to be practiced and can really improve- if we practice! It's good for the brain in later life I believe.

Aprilflower

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2021, 07:12:56 PM »

Lose of balance is a common thing as we age.  It can be helped by certain exercises and Tai Chi is particularly useful. 

You don't have to go to class but it does help to get you started.  After that just use a DVD at home.

Ellen May

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2021, 07:51:31 PM »

Pilates is really good for balance as it helps to strengthen your core.

KaraShannon

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2021, 10:07:04 PM »

Thanks everyone, I'm just wondering if it's a common menopause symptom.  I had done yoga and martial arts for many years and balance was really good, now I'm noticing issues and while no one else does, I can tell something is not good.  I also slipped when out walking in the woods (which was normal as there was slippery mud, anyone would have), then recovered myself, and then for some strange reason fell anyway AFTER I'd recovered my balance.  It was very odd. 

CLKD I do get awful head pounding when I get out of a seat sometimes, usually only if tired or if I've been driving for a while.  I'm on beta blockers and think it's time to come off as at certain times of the month this happens and not others.

I'm otherwise fit and go on long walks, etc, and the doctors no doubt will say there's nothing wrong, but of course I worry has there been a mini stroke, that sort of thing.  I'm 50 years old at the moment and no other issues.  It does change with time of the month, but it's new, never had this before.

Aprilflower

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2021, 06:23:12 AM »

Could it be an inner ear issue??

jaypo

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2021, 07:49:01 AM »

Also check your blood pressure,if I get up too quickly I literally see stars but I've always had low BP