Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: The Alba Party  (Read 1515 times)

Padine

The Alba Party
« on: March 26, 2021, 06:35:26 PM »

Oh my goodness,  >:( :'( headlines on tonight's 6pm news - Salmond is creating a new independence party  :'( he has caused so much fuss lately to make me feel embarrassed and almost ashamed to be a Scot. Why oh why does he have to encourage all this bad feeling? Pandemic has been hard enough and he is causing more bad feeling which is so unnecessary.  >:(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: The Alba Party
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 07:17:15 PM »

Male Ego ?

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 10:19:20 PM »

Perhaps he wants revenge and in his shoes I might feel the same. Sturgeon's planning on tearing Scotland apart again with another independence referendum anyway so I'm not sure another political party will make it worse. Might actually improve it seeing she's already interpreting a majority as a mandate to hold a referendum.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2021, 09:33:40 AM »

......... ? until she gets the result that she wants ?  that's democratic.  Not.   :-\. She has this head in the clouds idea that Europe will welcome Scotland back with open arms .............

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2021, 11:39:53 AM »

It is what it is.  Egotistic.  On the World Stage. 

My 90 year old Uncle had a jab in the morning, then at 11.30 p.m. was asked to go immediately to the Dept for a 2nd  :-\.  He asked to go in the morning but was told he had to go ASAP.  He doesn't usually drive himself ........ that was at the start of Feb. and he is none the wiser  :-\

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2021, 04:30:51 PM »

Certainly in the early days Sturgeon had a better grasp of what was going to happen than bojo, probably still does given how many potentially infected people are still coming into the UK. I don't think she can claim credit for vaccinations though, isn't this is a UK scheme and without bojo buying up vaccines before they had been proved effective we'd all be in the same position as EU countries? Sturgeon is in a different position to the UK govt though, she doesn't pay the bills so she doesn't have to be so concerned about the economy. She's still happy to collect more money per person than is allocated to English people so she can claim credit for free NHS prescriptions etc. She's learned well from the EU, if people vote the wrong way keep on asking the question until they give you the 'right' answer.

It doesn't matter who you vote for, a politician always gets in  >:(

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2021, 05:45:56 PM »

Wasn't there another response to this somewhere  :-\