Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Coriander and estrogen  (Read 4684 times)

Dierdre

Coriander and estrogen
« on: October 12, 2022, 03:05:44 PM »

I few weeks ago I began getting a yellowish discharge, this was strange for me as with VA I dont get any or just a clear watery one. It was odourless and did not cause any irritation, in fact it made things more comfortable. After a couple of weeks it went and I thought no more about it until last week it started again. I'm many years postmeno so nothing to do with my cycle. I started googling, as you do and the causes were mainly infection etc but then one said yellow could be caused by certain foods.
I tried to think what I'd had and remembered I'd been eating an awful lot of coriander on my salads a few weeks ago and then again recently (not something I normally eat at all). I started researching coriander and discovered it contains estrogen and is used in herbal medicine for hormonal imbalances and menstral problems.
As anyone else heard of this? If it's true I'll be buying it in bulk!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Coriander and estrogen
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2022, 04:50:53 PM »

I don't think that any herbs etc. will have much effect, one would have to eat gallons of food stuffs for any to have that kind of effect.

If VA treatment is used, it is common for a slight discharge which shows that the medication is working: what goes up ..........  I would up the VA treatment to nightly for at least 3-4 weeks.

Many food stuffs are supposed to contain oestrogens ............

Dierdre

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2022, 08:20:56 PM »

I already do the treatment nightly and have done for years, this was why I thought the change was unusual.
I'll leave it a few weeks as it's clear again now and then start eating the coriander again to see if it was coincidence or actually makes a difference. Ill let you know.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2022, 06:23:15 AM »

I'm intrigued certainly  :).  Is the VA under control in general? 

Dierdre

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2022, 09:46:47 AM »

Yes, it has been for a few years now but anything that improves it will be welcome.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2022, 07:08:11 PM »

I was thinking about this: I'm going to - if I remember  ;D - ask my Indian friends who do a lot of cooking with fresh herbs.  If I remember - I'll be back  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2022, 05:10:40 PM »

Of course  :(. I forget to ask  >:( sorry  :-\

Dierdre

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2022, 05:15:05 PM »

I'll be trying this again then, if I get any improvement then I'll know it's not a coincidence. Thanks.