Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Blood circulation post menopause  (Read 2794 times)

AG

Blood circulation post menopause
« on: March 19, 2021, 06:00:16 PM »

Hi,

I have been having numerous symptoms during menopause transition but now just reached post menopause, and many things have been improving also in part to being on thyroid medication for newly developed hypothyroidism. Unfortunately, I cannot take any type of HRT as I am really intolerant to progesterone. One of my main remaining symptoms is that I feel cold often (vitamins, iron etc all looks as expected). Some of this could be due to thyroid medication taking time to fully restore things but I am hoping that this will get better. I exercise regularly and have not had such issues before menopause and thyroid "going off the rails". Do you have any experience with blood circulation post menopause or recommendations or comments on what or where this may come from? Thanks!

Iris67

Re: Blood circulation post menopause
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 09:51:58 AM »

I have hypothyroidism which developed in perimenopause...the treatment is a bit of a 'blunt instrument' (my GPs words not mine) to deal with a complex problem. If you have the autoimmune version Hashimoto's, (which I think most have) it can fluctuate so you get the classic symptoms. Also, I would suggest you get your T3 checked as some women can't convert the T4 in the medication properly. It's uncommon but many women do better on a combination including the T3.