Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Provera & Eostrogel - Teribble PMT  (Read 1656 times)

Jules8

• First Flush
Provera & Eostrogel - Teribble PMT
« on: March 04, 2021, 03:06:16 PM »

Hi,
I'm new to the forum and I've recently been put on HRT I'm late 40s and in Peri menopause. I was initially on uetostogen (progesterone tablet) with 3 pumps of eostrogel , I don't feel any affects from the gel but seems when I start the progesterone for 14 days I experience bad PMT, I've read testosterone gel could be good to help this or I just don't know if I should be trying something completely different? Any advice would be massively appreciated as I'm totally new to all this, I do also find I get quite a bit spot bleeding throughout both the progesterone I also forgot to say I'm currently on a new progesterone tablet called Provera but just don't feel great on it just the same bad pmt and generally bit off :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Provera & Eostrogel - Teribble PMT
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 03:52:34 PM »

Hi!  we have a good search button on the Forum so mayB put the name of the drugs, 1 by 1, into the box and see what pops up.  Make notes ;-).

Some find it useful to keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart progress.  Let us know how you get on.

:welcomemm: 

Jules8

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 08:20:58 PM »

Hi many thanks for your reply yeah I've been reading so many discussions recently I had just wondered if anyone had been the same as myself and could give little bit advice it's all so confusing I'm going to give provera another try this month is my second month but I just have a feeling I'm not going to tolerate it the same as uestrogen 😔

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2021, 09:05:23 AM »

It can take 3-4 months B4 HRT begins to settle symptoms  :-\

How is your diet overall?

Jules8

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2021, 10:04:15 AM »

Ah hi thanks,
Yeah my diet is really healthy plenty veg and always cook fresh my weights good I'm approx 8 & half stone and exercise (walk) regular so I can't really improve on that side of things I gave the uestrogen 3 months trial it was just the PMT was so bad and spot bleeding was regular maybe I should have kept trying it but didn't think it was going to improve and this is now my second month on provera I wasn't great on it at all the first month (I take it for 14 days mid cycle) I just didn't know if there were better options I was initially offered patches but they said gel plus prog tablet might be better as you can control it a bit more.

Jules8

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2021, 11:01:24 AM »

Hi Avalon
Thanks so much for your advice I do feel it's the progesterone thats not agreeing with me so I definitely will look into that, do you know much about the testosterone have you had any experience with it and do you know if you can take it during peri-menopause? I wasn't sure it was just for post menopause. I hope you go well on your new treatment 😊 thanks again 😊

Jules8

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2021, 02:51:59 PM »

Hi avelon
Thanks again so much appreciated It took me few attempts to think I should go on forum but I really felt it might give me some guidance, you certainly seem like you've had a terrible time in the past so really hope it's getting sorted for you, yeah I didn't know about provera gel I'll have a look into that though I'll try anything really I didn't even know to start taking the estrogel different time of day as I'm currently taking both on an evening but I definitely don't feel I have problem with the estrogel I feel it's the prog , I'm not even sure if anyone has better results with the patches which I was going to try first it's just such a minefield as you will be well aware of I just wish I could start feeling better 🙄 thank you sooooo much though for your kind words of advice much love x

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2021, 03:02:31 PM »

Eater regularly might help.  I was advised to eat a small sandwich or banana every 3 hours to stop that awful lurch.  How does the PMT affect you?  4 me it was sudden nausea 10 days B4 a bleed! enough to know where every bin in every shop was situated!

Jules8

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2021, 07:25:06 PM »

Oh dear that's sound like that was awful hope your ok now yeah I've been eating regular thanks so much I'll keep at provera maybe another month which will be 3 in total and hope start settling but I have feeling it prob won't get much better but I need to give it a try 😊