Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Minefield  (Read 1008 times)

mandypepe

Minefield
« on: March 03, 2021, 05:17:19 AM »

Hi, I joined the forum a few years ago as I’d noticed a change in my thoughts, skin tingles and my periods becoming erratic and thicker. My thoughts and skin tingles started when I was 42ish and periods changing when I was about 47.  I can’t remember when I last had a period but possibly September/October/November 2019 when I was 49( it will be on my calendar downstairs). I didn’t have one at all in 2020.
Through out 2020 I started to have the odd hot flush in bed and towards the end of last year these got every night waking me up several times. All this year I now have them during the evening as well as during the night. 
My libido hasn’t really ever been full on but certainly this last couple of years it’s non existent even though I think my husband is beautiful, I just don’t want to have sex with him.  I think we’ve had sex twice in the last 6 months and both times really hurt like a burning dragging sensation all in my vagina and I felt swollen and sore for the next 24hours. I even wanted sex which surprised me. 
And this month both  my legs are aching and cramping 24/7. The whole length.  I even think my feet are in a different position as I don’t think I’m standing how I usually stand. I think it’s bones and knee joints rather than muscle.
So, over the years I’ve tried adrenal fatigue tablets and oestrogen tablets but I just don’t know enough about anything. I’m phoning my doctor this morning to ask about HRT but I’ve been reading this forum and I’m confused by everything that’s available.
I’m sure my symptoms are hormonal, or at least it’s my first port of call, but what kind HRT do I look at when I phone the doctor.  Thank you.

Dierdre

Re: Minefield
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 06:47:18 AM »

I would definately ask for local estrogens, Vagifem and Ovestin for a start. Cant advice about systemic HRT as I'm not on this but im sure someone will be along soon who can help.

mandypepe

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 07:12:49 AM »

Thank you. So they’re all separate medications to try?

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 09:18:52 AM »

If you look at the Treatments tab you can see what's available. Transdermal (patch or gel) is safer than oral but you should be guided by your gp. You can't tell what will will suit you without trying but the chances are you will be fine on whatever you're prescribed.

mandypepe

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 09:19:51 AM »

That’s great, thank you 😊

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2021, 10:33:54 AM »

There is a thread, bladder issues and 1 about vaginal atrophy which might be useful 2 U.  Make notes ;-)

HRT for vaginal atrophy is different to other forms for overall symptoms.

mandypepe

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2021, 10:50:39 AM »

Thank you. 
I’ve spoken with the doctor and she has suggested I try patches or gel first to see how it goes. So I’ve opted for patches. I’m getting them this afternoon. I shall look at the other threads as well x