Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Accepting HRT isn’t working for me....  (Read 19085 times)

Flan747

Re: Accepting HRT isn’t working for me....
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2021, 06:41:20 PM »

I have slowly been reducing my HRT!
I was on 4mg Sandrena and have got down to 0.5mg and stopping completely tomorrow ? My symptoms have just never been controlled. I have tried 4 different HRTs with no great effect! The main symptom I have since reducing had been a bad head and some light headed ness which I can deal with for now. Will see how this goes and keep you posted

sed

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2021, 06:54:45 PM »

Hi sed
Hope your dizziness has resolved?
I have had a couple of nights poor sleep after saying my sleep had resolved! Woken by mild night sweats and going to try the calcium,magnesium and zinc powder tonight to see if it does the trick. Might be worth trying if you're not already.
I know coffee affects my sleep - just wondering if chocolate would too ... have eaten a fair bit of that!
I hope you've had some sleep over the weekend  and not feeling so overwhelmed. I do think things settle down more and more over time. I'm 12 weeks off hrt now. I have had some days were I felt fine, had more energy and forgot I had stopped hrt! Others I've not done so well - glum, achey, tired. Overall I like to think I'm getting more good days, but not getting your sleep must be very hard.
I think it was 5 weeks or so before I really noticed episodes of feeling better.
Good luck with it and best wishes. X

The dizziness has disappeared today - I have only slept 4 hours last night and plan to take 5 HTP...right now I will try anything.  Nytol no longer works for me - I have CBD oil waiting in the wings and failing all of that, back to GP to request sleeping tablets.  I think it would make such a difference if I could sleep.  I am surprised the body hasn’t collapsed into a deep sleep for hours ☹️

sed

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2021, 06:55:23 PM »

I was on 4mg Sandrena and have got down to 0.5mg and stopping completely tomorrow ? My symptoms have just never been controlled. I have tried 4 different HRTs with no great effect! The main symptom I have since reducing had been a bad head and some light headed ness which I can deal with for now. Will see how this goes and keep you posted

Good luck 🤞

Flan747

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2021, 07:35:33 PM »

Thank you! I just feel like I need to try it as I was in way too much estrogen and with no benefits

CherrySG

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2021, 07:22:52 AM »

Oh gosh, yes - massive headaches! I had those too. Didn't occur to me that it could be hrt withdrawal. My bladder is a bit sensitive too. I've been off hrt for 4 weeks now.

Flan747

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2021, 09:49:45 AM »

Good luck CherrySD hopefully all will settle once the body gets used to not having high dose estrogen! That’s my plan anyway

CherrySG

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2021, 11:20:20 AM »

Let's hope so, Flan! I'm in a better mood off HRT, also my complexion has lost the weird yellow/brown tone it had.

Was never really keen on taking it but felt I had no choice due to the VA, but that seems to be manageable with citalopram, idk why.

I do agree that the body seems to adapt to what we put/don't put into it. I found my oestrogen tolerance went up, for example. And I don't think it was purely because I had that much less of my own, surely not over 1 year! I read an article recently where Dr Studd said he'd seen some women on huge doses of oestrogen, cannot remember the details, but it does imply the body adjusts.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 11:31:07 AM by CherrySG »

Flan747

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2021, 01:07:45 PM »

I’m going to give it a go and see where I get to! Would never rule out going back on to HRT as it did have some benefits just never got me to where I would ideally like to be! Thinking maybe we have to choose which symptoms we can live with! Hoping it works so let’s see! Will keep you posted

sed

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2021, 02:22:20 AM »

Advice anyone....my GP offered me sleeping tablets to help temporarily with the sudden insomnia- I haven’t slept for 4-5 days more than 3 hours per night.  He prescribed Zopiclone 7.5.  I have taken a first dosage at about 9:30 and wide away at 12pm and haven’t been able to go back to sleep.  I am at the end of a rope here?  Anyone else tried it?

Flan747

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2021, 05:37:55 AM »

Hi Sed
So sorry to hear that your struggling with sleep that was one of my main first symptoms of peri!
Yes I tried Zopiclone and it too didn’t work for me in fact it made me feel horrendous especially the next day and that was with taking half a tablet.
The HRT I believe was the thing that settled my sleeping! I sleep really well now taking Utrogestron but also maybe the supplements and better diet have helped! Who knows ?
Wishing you well and that you get the right balance soon

CherrySG

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2021, 06:23:48 AM »

Advice anyone....my GP offered me sleeping tablets to help temporarily with the sudden insomnia- I haven’t slept for 4-5 days more than 3 hours per night.  He prescribed Zopiclone 7.5.  I have taken a first dosage at about 9:30 and wide away at 12pm and haven’t been able to go back to sleep.  I am at the end of a rope here?  Anyone else tried it?

Sorry you're not sleeping, Sed. A while back I was prescribed Zopiclone. At the time I thought they were fantastic - good night's sleep and no 'hangover' the next day. Maybe try again tonight? Must have been disappointing for them not to have worked.

Then again, having reread Flan's post, sounds like they don't work for everyone. Clumsy post by me, sorry...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 06:53:48 AM by CherrySG »

sed

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2021, 09:27:04 AM »

Hi Sed
So sorry to hear that your struggling with sleep that was one of my main first symptoms of peri!
Yes I tried Zopiclone and it too didn’t work for me in fact it made me feel horrendous especially the next day and that was with taking half a tablet.
The HRT I believe was the thing that settled my sleeping! I sleep really well now taking Utrogestron but also maybe the supplements and better diet have helped! Who knows ?
Wishing you well and that you get the right balance soon

Thanks - I was trying to steer away from HRT as I note you said you are on HRT.  Have tried four regimes and all haven’t helped.  It came with just more side effects.  Having said all that it looks as though that’s the only thing that will help me 😓 feel miserable today

Floo36

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2021, 12:40:52 PM »

Perhaps the HRT dose wasn’t high enough, just a thought. Insomnia is one of the many symptoms I have it’s awful. 

sed

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2021, 03:19:09 PM »

Hi all, just updating - it’s been 4 weeks off HRT and my symptoms have come back with a vengeance.  No let up!  Could this still be the withdrawal stage and things will hopefully get better?  I have started acupuncture and taking 5-HTP, CBD oil at night to help sleep which has helped.  Just at a loss!  My main symptom is fatigue and headaches daily...everyday!  My life is existing right now.  Will this get better without HRT or go back to HRT and manage 50%?

sheila99

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2021, 04:23:58 PM »

There can be many causes for headaches and fatigue. Are you certain they're because of meno? Haven't read the whole thread so apologies if you've already answered this.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6