Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Accepting HRT isn’t working for me....  (Read 19095 times)

Deeble

Re: Accepting HRT isn’t working for me....
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2021, 05:36:00 PM »

Hi everyone
Just thought an update might be encouraging to anyone thinking about trialling off hrt or in the throes of it.
I'm about 8.5 months off now - no longer counting the days!
My feeling is it probably took 5 to 6 months for me to really level out. The benefits for me now are much better energy (used to get an exhausted feeling most afternoons).
My digestion is better- I was using femoston conti (low and ultra low at different times) over the last few years. I'm 62 now. About 7 years since last period.
My mood is generally more optimistic and I've got my spark back - a spark anyway.
So a good news story. It took longer than I thought it would but my moods are more level, and I am more optimistic and energetic.  A health scare triggering hysteroscopy in January that ultimately proved ok triggered me stopping hrt and I decided to keep going without it and see how I got on. It's worked out well for me. Good luck to anyone on a similar journey! Xx

sed

« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2021, 06:56:08 PM »

Hi everyone
Just thought an update might be encouraging to anyone thinking about trialling off hrt or in the throes of it.
I'm about 8.5 months off now - no longer counting the days!
My feeling is it probably took 5 to 6 months for me to really level out. The benefits for me now are much better energy (used to get an exhausted feeling most afternoons).
My digestion is better- I was using femoston conti (low and ultra low at different times) over the last few years. I'm 62 now. About 7 years since last period.
My mood is generally more optimistic and I've got my spark back - a spark anyway.
So a good news story. It took longer than I thought it would but my moods are more level, and I am more optimistic and energetic.  A health scare triggering hysteroscopy in January that ultimately proved ok triggered me stopping hrt and I decided to keep going without it and see how I got on. It's worked out well for me. Good luck to anyone on a similar journey! Xx

Thanks so much for your update - very happy to hear you are doing well. 

I too am on the right road - stopped in March and had a lot of dips and falls but for about 3 months now have also felt a spark back.  Long may it continue! Try and eat well and take exercise. 

Michelle7474

« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2021, 10:51:21 AM »

Hi ladies

Been reading through this and it gives me some hope for myself

I’ve been off HRT now 6 weeks and things are settling but I take each day as it comes .. as I know one good day could lead to 6 bad days & im aware of that

It’s nice to see that you both started to feel like your spark was back .. so I’m glad to hear that

I had a good week last week and I’m awaiting a cycle which by HRT cycles is late ..so maybe that’s my own hormones maybe getting back to normal ( I hope )

I can’t wait to see me back and less aniexty .. I only had one episode of aniexty before HRT .. but when on HRT became daily .. now that seems to be not so intense

Hopefully I’m on the right path
My pharmist told me can take 3-6 months for our body to get back to normal

Thankyou for posting so we can all read that good things do happen

I was only on HRT for 3.5 months ( think I started it too soon and maybe my body didn’t need it ) but my mind thought I did

Hope your both having good days

Michelle7474

« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2021, 03:03:39 PM »

Week 8 off HRT now and although aniexty isn’t as intense as when on the HRT or when first coming off it .. I’m aware it’s in the background..
I have good and bad days .. and I’m still waiting for that spark back ..
I know 8 weeks is long but I’m also aware that it can take longer

When did you both notice a difference where it was like actually I feel great ??

That’s the days I’m waiting for ..
I still get panic / aniexty but as I wrote not on a level I’ve had before .. or maybe I’m getting used to it
I get headaches occasionally but still wake up jittery and nervous
My face is always hot ( I had this before HRT ) and palpitations are there as they have been since I dunno when
Aches and pains have come back , and I’m hoping that soon means that my body is getting back to normal.

I live in hope :)

CherrySG

« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2021, 03:55:37 PM »

Hi everyone. I was off HRT for a month, just tried two days back on. Also wd-ing from citalopram so trying to get some stability and fend off the weird urge to cry when I go out and about. Never been like that before, it started with HRT and also lockdown.

The crying was not caused by HRT but was fed up with it so tried going back on one pump of gel and Utrogestan. I've spent a couple of days with the worst brain fog ever. Not tearful as have no feelings of any kind, except perhaps desire to sleep.

I was very interested in Deeble's reports of being tired on HRT and needing to sleep in the afternoon. I have always had the same issue, which is why I came off in the first place. I always felt like a weirdo as other people report increased energy on it. So sorry you had this symptom, Deeble but thanks for making me feel less alone with it. Mood wise HRT makes me flat and dead inside.  :-\

Limbs are getting a bit stiff though, as are hips. On the plus side, I originally went on Citalopram for anxiety, but am not anxious any more, which is a miracle. Michelle - I am living proof that anxiety can just resolve itself eventually, it is possible!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 04:17:44 PM by CherrySG »

sed

« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2021, 06:58:54 AM »

Hi, for me it took a good 12 weeks to feel a little of myself after coming of HRT.  My main symptoms were anxiety and muscle aches, insomnia. I also had a mixture of long Covid.  My GP put me on amitriptyline which I came off of about 8-12 weeks (off it now).  It was the lowest dose which sorted my sleep!  I also did a course of Acupunture which at first I thought this isn’t helping but after 6 weeks I began to see improvement in my symptoms.  I mainly have good days now but have the odd day where I just feel exhausted but try and remain calm and have a Netflix day.  It can become overwhelming but still feel that HRT doesn’t work for everyone so you have to find the best for you.  It’s not easy but is achievable- good luck!

appey

« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2021, 09:27:08 AM »

Has anyone had constant nausea after stopping hrt?

CherrySG

« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2021, 10:32:29 AM »

Has anyone had constant nausea after stopping hrt?

Oh yes! Definitely an HRT withdrawal symptom.

appey

« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2021, 10:41:46 AM »

Thank you
That’s good to know - it’s driving me mad!

Deeble

« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2021, 05:06:32 PM »

Hi everyone
Michelle7474 - it was 7 or 8 weeks for me to acknowledge my best post-hrt day.  I can't say I had an 'I feel great' moment, but on and off over time I had more better days. The anxiety (especially mornings), tearfulness, anger have all improved to the extent I am not watching them anymore.
Around 12 weeks I made a note of generally improved mood and energy with optimism coming in. At that time I was getting some night sweats but not any longer. Interesting Sed says 12 weeks too.
It was also at that point my facial hair got busy again!!
I can't seem to tolerate wine without low mood even after a thimbleful...
Recently I have had a whole heap of unpleasant stress through work, big worries about family and my partner having work issues too. Previously this would have all driven me to total distraction and I don't think I would have coped!! Without hrt I feel the pain of it but I can calm myself down and keep going. I did get very low mood as a result of the stress but I have been able to feel it but keep going, it's painful but I can cope.
So - I think I'm emotionally stronger and have more optimism and energy for the tough times. Cherry SG - I so hated that pm sleepiness too -felt like an old lady!
Good luck with it everyone. Xx

Michelle7474

« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2021, 09:26:51 PM »

Thankyou both for replying I appreciate it .. my pharmist did say 3-6 months .. so hopefully in a few more weeks I will start to feel more me
Even though to be honest I have noticed a difference already but I’m still not there yet kinda thing ..
worse symptom for me is aniexty & I’ve never been a great sleeper so that became worse
the aniexty is not so intense to be honest  but I’m aware it’s there ..
I have good and bad days much more good than when I was on hrt as that seemed to be daily and when I was first  off HRT the first 4 weeks was the worst horrendous
I wasn’t on it for long but as my Pharmist said it don’t matter you still added something into your system and can take time to level out

Cherry I’m so glad your living proof that the aniexty can dissapear
That’s the day I’m waiting for , I think I could handle most other things

I’ve done 8 weeks so I’m sure I can continue and hope for better days .. I don’t mind one or two bad days as easier to deal with that every day..

Good to know you ladies are still happy your off HRT.. & I suppose you was same as me at 8 weeks thinking how much longer … 😂
Thanks again for replying :)

I wish I was one of the lucky ones that HRT helped first time around
Would you ever consider using again ??
Funni you mention long covid .. that’s what they kept telling me all my symptoms was since January…
Then I wasn’t sure if the vaccine caused it all , but the worst aniexty came with a period so it was like it as too be hormones , and then after starting HRT it got worse ..

I will never understand hormones at all

Thankyou ladies xxxx

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]