Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Emmett Therapy  (Read 2143 times)

marge

Emmett Therapy
« on: September 28, 2021, 02:54:30 PM »

We are fortunate to have an Emmett Therapist in our road. If you haven’t heard of it, do Google and have a read. It’s extraordinary; l went to see her yesterday with a sore back (over enthusiastic gardening) and tight shoulders (poor posture from working at the computer). She worked her magic, touch therapy, and ‘re-set’ my muscles. I walked in a sceptic and an hour later walked out pain free and loosened up. I’d never heard of it until recommended by another neighbour. It works!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Emmett Therapy
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2021, 02:59:10 PM »

Massage done correctly can ease muscles spasms.  Many athletes undergo intensive massage prior and after i.e. motor cycle racing.  It's also psycholgocially therapeutic - the chance to totally relax :-)

Recently DH twisted his knee, after gently rubbing it clicked; pain gone and instantly mobile.

How often do you intend going, mayB a C.mas gift idea ? 

Having looked it seems like Tellington Touch Therapy from a few years ago. 

VictoryV

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2021, 04:10:25 PM »

I’ve got a friend who is gifted like Ross Emmett. I was very cynical about the whole thing until I had it done. It was incredible.

Jasmine20

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2021, 11:21:24 AM »

Thanks for the heads up marge.
I'd never heard of Emmett Therapy and having checked their website, I see there's a practitioner not far from me.

I'd been having Bowen therapy for frozen shoulder and aches and pains but sadly my brilliant practitioner moved and I've yet to find a replacement. This therapy looks very intriguing and similar to Bowen in some ways. The Emmett practitioner local to me says she used to practise Bowen.

Do update us on how you feel. It would be useful to know how long the improvement lasts although I realise there's no such thing as a quick fix in most cases.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 11:28:54 AM by Jasmine20 »

marge

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2021, 12:08:14 PM »

Hi Jasmine, pleased you’ve got a local Emmett therapist. I had my treatment on Monday and the results are pretty much instant. I can honestly say my sore back feels good now and my shoulders don’t seem to be tensed up round my ears! I’ve no idea how long it will last. My therapist always says “Come back when you need to”. She never says you need so many sessions, it’s entirely up to the individual. Hope you get on well too.

Jasmine20

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2021, 02:51:46 PM »

Thats encouraging to hear marge.

I'll report back if I get a treatment!