Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Gurgling stomach & extreme hunger  (Read 6563 times)

jaypo

Gurgling stomach & extreme hunger
« on: February 28, 2021, 09:57:18 AM »

I just wondered if any of you have suffered from this.This is a brand new symptom for me, I eat,then my stomach gurgles like you wouldn't believe,then it slowly dies down THEN about an hour or two later I'm absolutely ravenous,this isn't normal for me,I've not changed my eating habits,or exercise regime,is this also part of menopause? Oh, I also suffer nausea on occasions too.For those of you who don't know me,I'm 57,still getting hot flushes etc but pretty sure I'm post meno.Thank you
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 10:35:42 AM by jaypo »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Gurgling stomach & extreme hunger
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 01:03:13 PM »

I've been like that all my Life.  Have you had your blood sugar levels checked recently?

Is the hunger feeling prior to a flush?

I find eating little and often helps.  DH tells me that the gurgling is the stomach shouting  "Yippee, I've been fed"  ;D.  I know 4 me that Chinese meals don't last long, within the hour I am hungry.  Chicken curry on rice goes further .

DH makes pancake mix so that when my body needs energy he can cook them immediately.  Sustaining, 2 are enough. Then a rest to allow my gut to absorb the energy.

Chocolate is great but it gives a false sense of being filled.  I find mixed nuts/fruit, bananas, porridge - slow release foods - help.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 02:22:56 PM »

Is it like a gnawing hunger pain?

Taz x

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 02:53:09 PM »

Thank you kind ladies
Yes Taz,exactly that

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 03:39:35 PM »

Have sent you a PM at home ;-).

I worked hard in our garden and suddenly had that awful dip.  Two rounds of toast with peanut butter .  Then a large slice of sticky stem ginger sponge. 

4 me it's about being ahead of when my body will need energy  ::)

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2021, 05:42:06 PM »

Does it happen after all food or just some meals? Is it possible you've developed an allergy to something?

jaypo

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2021, 06:51:44 PM »

It's mostly everything Sheila,not the nausea but the gurgling then the hunger,if I were to eat every time I was hungry I'd be about 20 stone  :-\
Thank you clkd

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2021, 07:59:40 PM »

You probably wouldn't be if you body is 'asking' for sustenance which is why NAPS suggested every 3 hours.  Not to add to the overall diet but to spread it out - little and often.

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2021, 08:47:50 PM »

Thank you kind ladies
Yes Taz,exactly that

This was a first symptom of reflux for me. No actual heartburn just the constant feeling that i had to eat to satisfy the hunger pangs. It can also be a sign of a stomach ulcer. Ulcer 'hunger' pangs usually begin a couple of hours after eating. Might be worth you researching it. Keep a diary of food stuffs and see whether some give more symptoms than others.

Taz x

jaypo

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2021, 08:52:40 PM »

Thank you Taz, I did wonder about reflux as I've had it before but like you no actual heartburn or acid coming up,thank you,I'll check it out
X

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2021, 02:59:15 PM »

Any improvements?  It took my gut 4-5 days B4 I noticed any differences when I altered my diet in the late 1990s.  I often eat then feel queasy and have never worked out why  :-\

jaypo

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2021, 04:36:40 PM »

Not so bad today thanks clkd, I'm taking omeprazole and it definitely helps,also having something different for my lunch raththan just yogurt and fruit

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2021, 05:31:03 PM »

AAAAAH ............ as much as I love soup with a roll, they either bloat me or leave my guts rumbling  >:(

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2021, 12:59:11 PM »

Although I feel full/bloated after soup with a roll, the gut hasn't had anything to 'work' on.  So it gurgles.  We need regular inputs of protein and roughage for the digestive system to 'spasm' properly, otherwise it complains!

Any improvement?

jaypo

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2021, 06:50:28 PM »

It was gurgling again today and I felt super hungry by dinner time but nowhere quite as bad,was naughty and had a mug of hot chocolate  :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4