Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Vaccine after effects  (Read 3369 times)

ElkWarning

Vaccine after effects
« on: February 24, 2021, 01:21:43 PM »

Hi there, just looking for some reassurance really.

I had the Oxford / AZ vaccination two weeks ago, exactly two weeks ago, and I still feel like rubbish.  I suppose I expected to feel a bit hot and cold, tummyish and maybe lack lustre for a couple of days, but it's been going on and on and on.  I'm so tired that I can feel my eyelids drooping from practically the moment I get up.  It's like having a permanent hangover, and I'm definitely not hungover.  And the super vivid dreams?  Has anyone else had those?  To be fair, they're passing now. 

I just wondered if anyone else recognised this?

Best

E

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Vaccine after effects
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 01:30:23 PM »

Have a look at the vaccine thread?  Several comments there.

MayB phone your GP for advice, or contact the Vaccine Centre where you had the jab? 

ElkWarning

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2021, 01:53:25 PM »

Hiya, ah, I searched Astrazeneca, Oxford and Vaccination, but not vaccine.  Will do.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2021, 02:37:10 PM »

C-19 vaccines - in This and That Room

DH had fluey-like symptoms intermittently for 24 hours.  We had ours last Friday, mid morning.  I woke in the early hours with a background headache which may/not have been related, unusually I was incredibly thirsty so took 'nurofen' with a drink.  I took 'nurofen' again mid-Sat afternoon to ease the 'hung over' effect, continued drinking more than usual until Sunday a.m.  I also itched from waist upwards all of Sunday  ::).  My arm hurt last night when I laid down.  Both tired ....... we had the AstraZenica

My cousin was really ill for 3 days with flu, aches, stubborn joints ....... she's 70ish.  It really seems to affect people differently.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 06:30:30 PM by CLKD »

ElkWarning

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 02:47:25 PM »

Thanks clkd

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2021, 03:03:24 PM »

You R welcome. 

Postmeno3

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2021, 04:18:43 PM »

Hi,
I had quite a rough time and it was far more pervasive than I anticipated. Within a couple of hours, my balance suffered terribly, quite frightening. This went on for two or three hours then dizziness took over, cotton wool head. Then the fatigue took over from that and was horrendous. I slept for 14 hours straight and was still nodding off in the day! The next night, 12 hours. I still have a sense of being really washed out, nine days on, no stamina, but improving. Do you normally have reactions to vaccines? Hope you feel better soon!

Katejo

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2021, 06:24:28 PM »

I had the Oxford / AZ vaccination two weeks ago, exactly two weeks ago, and I still feel like rubbish.  I suppose I expected to feel a bit hot and cold, tummyish and maybe lack lustre for a couple of days, but it's been going on and on and on.  I'm so tired that I can feel my eyelids drooping from practically the moment I get up.  It's like having a permanent hangover, and I'm definitely not hungover.  And the super vivid dreams?  Has anyone else had those?  To be fair, they're passing now. 

Best

E
I had the same vaccine yesterday. I felt ok until the evening but then got muscle/joint aches and pains over to today. Tolerable with paracetamol though. Hoping for improvement by tomorrow.

ElkWarning

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2021, 08:29:28 AM »

Well, straight after was a bit difficult to quantify, as I needed to get my son to a different vaccination centre for his jab three hours following mine ... And while I was there, I got a call from work about some screw up (not my fault) that I had to fix and ended up putting in 2 x 10 hour days.  I think I knew at the time that I was feeling really bad, but was so punch drunk I just carried on and then virtually collapsed at the weekend.

But yeah, dizziness, nausea, really upset tummy, then after about 4 - 5 days I did feel a bit more like myself, just tired, actually, incredibly fatigued.  As you say PM3, washed out, no stamina.  I've been walking to the beach 3 x per week as exercise, at a pretty swift trot, but last week, and this week, it's as if my legs are made from lead.  I can't seem to summon up much energy.

I don't normally have reactions to vaccines outside of the usual, have had loads over my lifetime as I grew up in the Mid East and Africa.  That said, this years flu vaccine (I normally have the flu vaccine because I'm asthmatic) knocked me off my feet.  Funnily enough, I was puzzling with my husband last night about why I'd taken Floradix recently (meno memory), and now you've just reminded me, it was because this year's flu vaccine had left me feeling very wan.  Going to give that a whirl.

Thanks for sharing, and hope you also get your sea legs back soon.

Best

E

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2021, 04:20:10 PM »

How R U today?

ElkWarning

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2021, 06:19:58 PM »

Hi CLKD, pretty much the same.  Two hour sleep this afternoon, so I'm currently getting a regular nine and a half hours!  I do feel less sick and dizzy today though.

How are you?

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2021, 06:32:06 PM »

Too early to decide  ::)

Arm didn't hurt when I laid down last night.  Being in the sunshine has helped.

ElkWarning

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2021, 02:41:32 PM »

Sunshine always helps  8)

Iris67

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2021, 02:21:48 AM »

Best

E

I had mine on Friday late morning (OAZ) and I've had quite a ride so far. Massive nervous sytem knock straight after (fast breathing, chest pain dizziness) then crushing fatige and 12 hours later the 'flu' symptoms. Chills, high fever, body pain etc etc. It has carried on but the temp is a bit better now. I have muscle shooting pains, dizziness and loss of appetite (can do ice cream though!)

I'm now 64 hrs on now and still feel awful.

Iris67

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2021, 02:22:58 AM »

Sorry just noticed date of post - hope you're fine now!
Pages: [1] 2