Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tailbone / sacroiliac ache and pressure  (Read 5164 times)

Penguin99

Re: Tailbone / sacroiliac ache and pressure
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2021, 08:01:24 PM »

I’ve just seen a chiropractor for this very thing this morning. Been in pain for a week, can’t sit, bend or tilt my hips without total agony.
He did things to me that made me shout, I’m now sat with an ice pack on it as instructed then I need to walk and keep moving.
I seriously hope this improves it and I feel for you if you have had this for a while, it’s hideous!
So painful isn't it? Mine started in May 2019, a few sore weeks then fine for a few weeks but since Dec 2019 it hasn't left me :'( :'( its been truly horrendous. Please let me know how you get on with the chiropractor as its something I've thought about.
Hope your pain improves ;)

Roobee

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2021, 08:49:03 PM »

Penguin99, mine started out of the blue last Wednesday, not aware I did anything to cause it.
Can’t say i feel any better since chiropractor but he did say it can take a day or two for the muscles to settle. He said I had my two bottom vertebrae jammed on the left side ☹️
My hips hurt, my bum hurts, my thighs ache and the muscles around my groin feel strained and tight.
He told me to not bend too much but try to move freely (wish I could without pain) problem is you compensate when it hurts and I think that makes everything else in that area hurt because you are not moving or sitting normally.
I’m hoping I will wake in the morning (if I manage to sleep) and feel fabulous but something tells me that isn’t going to happen. Will keep you posted x

Gnatty

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2021, 10:55:15 AM »

I used to get this pain a lot. Particularly after sitting down. It completely disappeared once I started HRT. I realise correlation is not causation but nevertheless its intesesting.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2021, 11:30:23 AM »

NOOOOOO to manipulation at an appt.  If this is still niggling you will require a full anaesthetic at the same time as the Depo Medrone [steroid] injection.  Then the needle can be wriggled around more successfully into a wider region around the tail bone, as well as if necessary, that bone can be manipulated.  No manipulation should be done without complete anaesthesia because should the patient move or sneeze, it can cause paralysis.  I won't tell you how long that needle is ............... but being relaxed allows the Surgeon more time to proceed.

Penguin99

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2021, 03:00:53 PM »

I hope your feeling better Roobee
Clkd- yeah know you have to be put to sleep, thats what the other consultant mentioned. I'm seeing my consultant in a couple of weeks, I did say to him last time that the other consultant said about GA but he said they'll just do injection with ultrasound, but tbh I don't think he used the ultrasound, I didn't feel any gel :-\ I'm hoping he might take this option now as the injection hasn't worked. Its not as painful when I stand up but I'm no way near normality and taking very strong painkillers :'(
My life has just been pain for the last few years with one thing or another :'( I'm 50 in a couple of weeks and feel like 150!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2021, 03:33:16 PM »

Do put foot down with firm hand and don't accept manipulation without GA.  For which a patient ha to sign a Consent Form ;-)

I was thinking of this topic a couple of days ago, slow transit = pan behind the coccyx  >:(

Roobee

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2021, 10:28:43 AM »

I hope your feeling better Roobee
Clkd- yeah know you have to be put to sleep, thats what the other consultant mentioned. I'm seeing my consultant in a couple of weeks, I did say to him last time that the other consultant said about GA but he said they'll just do injection with ultrasound, but tbh I don't think he used the ultrasound, I didn't feel any gel :-\ I'm hoping he might take this option now as the injection hasn't worked. Its not as painful when I stand up but I'm no way near normality and taking very strong painkillers :'(
My life has just been pain for the last few years with one thing or another :'( I'm 50 in a couple of weeks and feel like 150!!

No I’m not, still in agony :(
Standing up and walking is painful, sitting a bit better if I’m sat on something soft but then that’s not great for posture!

Penguin99

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2021, 10:35:41 PM »

Bless you, i sympathise totally.
I have a new coccyx cushion coming tomorrow,  the one I have doesn't have a complete cut out so I took scissors to it to try and, although still sore, it felt a little better so I'm hoping my new cushion will help. It was soo painful last night which is why I tried it.
Have you seen/spoke to your gp? The problem is everything is taking so long at the moment.
 :foryou:

Roobee

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2021, 06:06:41 AM »

Bless you, i sympathise totally.
I have a new coccyx cushion coming tomorrow,  the one I have doesn't have a complete cut out so I took scissors to it to try and, although still sore, it felt a little better so I'm hoping my new cushion will help. It was soo painful last night which is why I tried it.
Have you seen/spoke to your gp? The problem is everything is taking so long at the moment.
 :foryou:

Doctor said rest, move slowly, take pain relief and use heat and ice.
Pages: 1 [2]