Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Tibolone  (Read 1134 times)

Debbie W

• First Flush
Tibolone
« on: January 29, 2021, 03:12:11 PM »

Hi, I am new here and looking for loads of help. I have been reading reviews which have helped. I am 59 and started menopause 9 years ago . I went on kliovance HRT and after 3 months my hair looked like I put my finger in an electric socket , so I came off straight away! I later tried a different HRT but this one made me bleed for 8 days every 3 weeks and as I hadn’t had a period for years I didn’t want that . I have no libido at all and I am very anxious and hair is getting quite thin ! I decided to go back to doctor as hubby has been talking about SEX !!! That’s as far as it goes . The doctor has put me on Tibolone but I am so frightened to take it incase it affects my hair , doctor says it helps hair growth!! I am reading it happens in other places rather than on head !!! Would I have high or low testosterone level ?? This has not been tested , unless she looked at bloods from a while ago . Could I also maybe start on half a tablet a day . Maybe it will be good for me but scared of losing anymore hair . I was following people on here but treads were from many years ago . Has anyone recently got any good hair reviews that have been on it a while . Thankyou !

Taz2

Re: Tibolone
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 06:43:22 PM »

Hi Debbie W.

Tibolone is not usually the first HRT of choice especially as you are 59 as it's not recommended for over 60 and you are getting quite close to that. When you asked for HRT did you mention hubby and sex? I only ask as Tibolone is thought to increase libido so maybe that's why you have been put on this one. Patch or gel HRT is probably better, in my opinion, for your age group. I'm 66 and on a patch one. I've never suffered by thinning hair while on HRT but did before starting it (I've been on it thirteen years now) but that was due to being anaemic and not knowing about it until I had a routine blood test. Have you had other possible reasons checked out for your hair condition?

It is normal for a continuous HRT - such as Tibolone - to cause bleeding for the first six months so if this does happen don't be surprised. All conti HRT's are known to do this so maybe that's what happened with the last one you were on. Did you stay on it for over six months? Sorry so many questions  ;D

Do you have any other meno symptoms which you want HRT to sort?

Taz x  :welcomemm: