Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Root canal pain  (Read 6599 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Root canal pain
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2021, 05:21:53 PM »

I'm not surprised you feel off colour, I wouldn't say pathetic, you are in intense pain!  I'm going to suggest that your GP rings your Dentist and asks what the hold up might be!  Do you have someone who could push your requirements!  When we feel ill we can soon become dispondent.

CLKD

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2021, 08:29:11 AM »

Did U try the soluble Aspirin? 

shrosphirelass

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2021, 11:12:14 AM »

I think the soluble asprin doesn't work that well because the pain is more internal, from deep within my tooth (teeth) going all up my jaw and ear. I have an appt for a scan on Tuesday and an appt at the dentist to have both teeth opened up so he look at them with a microscope and see if there are any fractures on Wednesday. The scan wont be back by then so I don't know what the point of it is really and it's miles away. It will be two trains and a two hour journey. I don't even go to the shops let alone on a train! I shouldn't complain at least Ive got the appt.

CLKD

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2021, 12:37:03 PM »

Is the dentist aware of the previous days' appt.?  I think you'll be OK germ wise if you take plenty of hand wash, wear a mask and mayBe gloves?  It's a long while to wait whilst in pain!

CLKD

« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2021, 05:43:03 PM »

How have you got on over the weekend?

shrosphirelass

« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2021, 05:34:50 PM »

I actually felt a bit better, still there, but not as intense. I started a steroid nasal spray last Thursday (clutching at straws in case it is sinus based) Probably just a coincidence. I had my scan today and have an appt with the dentist tomorrow so Im hoping a diagnosis will be made and treatment planned. Thanks for asking.

Sparrow

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2021, 05:45:05 PM »

I actually felt a bit better, still there, but not as intense. I started a steroid nasal spray last Thursday (clutching at straws in case it is sinus based) Probably just a coincidence. I had my scan today and have an appt with the dentist tomorrow so Im hoping a diagnosis will be made and treatment planned. Thanks for asking.

It's funny you should mention your sinuses.

I suffered with sinusitis on the right side for 15 years.  Then an old root canal failed and the tooth had to be removed.  Almost immediately my sinusitis was relieved.  My dentist said that sinuses can cause tooth pain and visa versa.

Perhaps that's the solution.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]