Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Twitching eyelid for months and burping  (Read 2293 times)

Moonflower

Twitching eyelid for months and burping
« on: January 27, 2021, 12:33:11 PM »

Hi,

I'm wondering if twiching eyelid and burping are both symptoms of the menopause?? I wake up and burp frequently and then all day long.  They just seem to be dry burps.  I know dryness is and palpitations too and joint pain, all of which I get. 

Moneypenny

Re: Twitching eyelid for months and burping
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 03:49:20 PM »

Hi Moonflower,
Can't comment on the burping.  But with regards to twitching eyelid.... Are you spending more time on the computer that normal, have you had your eyes testing recently?  I had this for a while and a certain amount was stress but also that my eyes had got worse and needed a stronger prescription, also eye drops help. 
MP

Moonflower

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 04:09:22 PM »

Hello and thanks for responding  :).  I guess I must be looking at the screen more especially in lockdown.  I notice it happens when I yawn too or when my blood flow is affected.  Maybe I should see an optician. I have been stressed too I guess following breaking my ankle, going into lockdown and then suffering menopause symptoms.  I just feel confused about all the symptoms I've been getting and suddenly feel 101 and I'm only 47.

Sparrow

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 04:53:49 PM »

You might be low on magnesium.  That often manifests as muscle twitches.

As for the burbling, I think that just getting older.  Men seem to get this later in life as well.