Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Blood pressure medication - Ramipril alternatives with fewer side effects  (Read 3466 times)

AG

Hi All,
I have had many (peri) menopause symptoms and now take meds for underactive thyroid, which is starting to help a lot. After initial trials I found tablets that cause me only minor occasional side effects but I have also been having some blood pressure fluctuations over the last few years. Have been doing all the stuff one is supposed to for BP but likely there is a genetic component for high blood pressure. I started to take Ramipril at the lowest dose and BP is starting to look really good, and this may be all I need - BUT - after one week I am getting a pretty bad headache, nausea and also sleep has worsened again and a bad taste in mouth. Can anyone recommend an alternative to Ramipril (ACE, ARB possibly, but no beta blockers as heart rate low already) that did not cause them side effects, or, can one expect for the side effects to subside soon? Thanks for any advice or recommendations on what to expect. AG

jaypo

Hi AG my other half is on lisinopril and has no issues at all

littleminnie

Ramopril didn’t work for me.  I take Lisinopril too, no problems. 

AG

Thanks for your replies. There seems to be an early "trend" for Lisinopril emerging, will mention that to GP and hope it works for me.

jaypo

Good luck

AG

Thanks, it looks like I only need small dose but it does make a difference. If just side effects would disappear. It took me a while to find a levothyroxine tablet that agrees with my stomach, now the next "challenge", but it could always be worse. Middle age is great.  ;D

jaypo

Oh isn't it though?  ;D