Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Bottom pressure  (Read 1946 times)

Lalb1

Bottom pressure
« on: January 21, 2021, 01:45:15 PM »

So again this month my period is taking a different schedule. I'd had 2 periods on the same time apart but this month I'm now 3 days late so far.
Just wondering if anyone else gets a weird feeling in their bottom while waiting for a period to arrive? I keep getting a pressure like feeling and a hot feeling? Can't spot any hemorrhoids and nothing bad when I go to the loo.
Just noticed it this month, I do normally get weird aches before a period but this is new? I'm not on any HRT or bcp.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Bottom pressure
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 11:23:17 AM »

Sorry no one answered.  YEP!  B4 a bleed I would feel like my bottom was 'falling out'.  I think it's because I was a little constipated so there was a feeling of pressure.  Once the period began that sensation would go away and I would forget. Until the next month.

Dierdre

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 12:37:25 PM »

Proctalgia fugax is muscle spasms in the rectum and can be triggered by menstruation. I used to suffer this periodically and it felt like cramp and pressure up my bottom. It would usally happen in ithe middle of the night and could last for 30 minutes.

Lalb1

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 10:03:42 PM »

Thankyou CLKD and Diedre,
This has now turned into a tingling feeling in that area aswell as in my bits. Like a fizzy feeling comes and then it goes. Also have developed the need to wee more and pelvic cramping. Noticed a watery thin none smelling clear discharge too, had been feeling dry there but the discharge makes me feel like I'm either getting a period or I've leaked, which I haven't. It's weird but I'm wondering if it's vaginal atrophy??

Lalb1

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2021, 10:04:45 PM »

Diedre
I also get the provtalgia fugax, have had that about 3 years. This feeling was different 😒

Joaniepat

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2021, 10:22:57 PM »

Re the watery discharge, yes that's a symptom of VA, as is the need to pee more. The whole genitourinary area needs oestrogen, so it's time to get treatment before it progresses. You can ask your GP for Vagifem or Ovestin by telephone if necessary.

JP x

Lalb1

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2021, 10:40:28 PM »

Joaniepat
Thankyou.
I have been searching in the forum and found that lots of people tend to get this problem.
Would it also cause the cramping pains too? I feel like I would when I've got a period. Could be one imminent I guess, sort of hope so cos maybe these horrendous feeling will ease a little?
I will try and get a phone appt tomorrow in between zoom lessons online. 🙈
Sort of glad I'm working from home as I feel so rubbish right now, and the constant need to wee is easier to handle at home.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2021, 10:05:46 AM »

Ring the surgery and ask for appropriate vaginal atrophy treatment, either 'ovestin' or 'vagifem'.  You don't need bloods or an examination.

In the mean time, take 'nurofen' or similar to ease the need to pee feeling.