General Discussion > One Life, Live it, Celebrate it!

SPF required?

(1/3) > >>

Padine:
 Grrrrrrrr!!! I am not a vain person and hopefully, I'm just an ordinary-looking (young  :cheer: ish!!) 61 yr old. Looking for a new moisturiser (I actually managed to get to the bottom of the Olay whip jar yesterday, now onto my toilet bag's tiny-travel tube of cheap face cream). I don't want to spend loads of dosh on luxury brands, as lovely as they are, and fancy going back to Ponds or Beauty Naturals (Martha Hill brand I use off+on for shampoo and household "green" items) Only thing is they don't have SPF. Now if I continue to use an eye cream, do you think SPF is necessary?
I have faithfully used SPF Olay, Superdrug, No 7 and nothing has screamed out at me "Buy me again ordinary but lovely looking young pensioner  :boobs: :whist:" 
             I'm definitely coming back as a man in the next life - how difficult is it to shave every day, accept a clean house, and have clean clothes and most meals cooked for you? AND watch endless hours of football with no interruption while the wife goes internet shopping and not spend a small fortune?? I must be daft  :drunk:

CLKD:
 ;D

I use Nivea in the week and from mid-February trying to remember to apply sun screen, usually Nivea.  Grandma used Ponds face and hand cream, she had soft skin until the day she died.  Her generation didn't use much on their skin other than warm water with soap. 

Padine:
Thanks CLKD, my mum (in law) was a smoker but unlike lots of smokers, she wasn’t too wrinkly. She used Oil of Ulay once a day until she was 85, and there was no spf then. I think that I read recently that an effective spf has to be 50 or more, and any moisturiser alone has some protection without the additives in the spf . I do sound vain now so best be quiet  >:( >:(

befuddled:
I like the superdrug Vitamin E Intensive Moisturiser or the Night Cream, first used them because they had really good reviews and compared well to some of the much more expensive brands.

Is this bit compulsory  - "AND watch endless hours of football"?  cos i'm definitely not coming back as a man if it is.

CLKD:
What's football when it's up and dressed  ;D unless it's American's in large padded baby grows ...........  :whist:

Grannies wore hats!  My paternal one had a hat, gloves and bag for going out in the morning and another set for afternoons  ::) No wonder she had to get up at 5.00 a.m.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version