Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Dry vagina  (Read 3047 times)

Noheroicsplease

Dry vagina
« on: January 24, 2021, 08:01:53 AM »

Hi all,

A year off HRT and post meno. Mostly all fine, but I do have a dry vagina. Day to day it's ok but sex isn't enjoyable. Not painful but dry, despite using lubricant.

Will topical estrogen help with this? Is there anything else I can take daily to diminish overall dryness? Or is it here to stay?

Tinkerbell

Re: Dry vagina
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 04:00:48 PM »

Yes it will,  get yourself some Vagifem or Ovestin prescribed.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 04:01:49 PM »

We have another thread by the same Member ;-)

Noheroicsplease

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 11:49:38 AM »

We have another thread by the same Member ;-)
Yes, I didn't know if alternative therapies viewers went into the main site. You're everywhere, CLKD. Can't get away with anything  :-)

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2021, 12:30:02 PM »

Are you after an alternative therapy? I found that Vagifem sorted mine out. You usually have to use it for the rest of your life. Hope you get it sorted soon

Taz x

Teresa667

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2021, 03:24:56 PM »

Hi, my gynacologist recommended to me a natural vagina moisturiser that I've found to be really good.
You can buy it from the company or get it on perscription through your GP. Though my GP can't find it on his system  :-\
This is the link to the one I use.
https://www.yesyesyes.org/products/yes-vm-natural-vaginal-moisturiser/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_K2viKuF7wIVl5ftCh2qFQq0EAAYAiAAEgK2vfD_BwE

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2021, 04:18:23 PM »

Moistorisers may help but to replace the oestrogen one needs appropriate replacement.  Some use both, HRT inside the vagina, moisturisers externally.

Anaise

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2021, 08:41:13 PM »

Hi all,

A year off HRT and post meno. Mostly all fine, but I do have a dry vagina. Day to day it's ok but sex isn't enjoyable. Not painful but dry, despite using lubricant.

Will topical estrogen help with this? Is there anything else I can take daily to diminish overall dryness? Or is it here to stay?

Hi, I've just started on Intrarosa a vaginal tablet inserted each night, so far so good for me. 🙂