Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Almost postmeno and still on emotional rollercoaster  (Read 546 times)

KarineT

Almost postmeno and still on emotional rollercoaster
« on: January 24, 2021, 07:01:09 PM »

Hello everyone,

Is it normal to still feel anxiety and low mood despite not having had a period for nearly 12 month?

I wonder when these hormones will eventually stabilise.  At this this I don't believe the hormones are still fluctuating as I'm no longer perimenopausal.

Thanks

Taz2

Re: Almost postmeno and still on emotional rollercoaster
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 07:46:49 PM »

Some symptoms get better post menopause - often within the first two years. New ones may appear as your oestrogen level continues to drop. Hot flushes and/or sweats can become troublesome together with vaginal atrophy. You don't get the wild fluctuations that accompany peri meno but oestrogen will continue to slowly deplete which is where HRT can be helpful. I found that low mood was the most difficult thing to cope with although HRT did help a bit by improving my sleep.

You sound very unsure that this is how you should be feeling post-meno?

Taz x

KarineT

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 08:10:42 PM »

Thanks Taz2,

I always worry that feeling like this will be with me for the rest of my life but I really hope that this won't be the case.

As for hot flushes I don't get them very often apart from feeling a bit too warm at night.  Why does this happen at night, I have no idea. I tend to get cold flushes/chilling sensation instead and because of this I'm going to get my thyroid tested to make sure I have no issue with that. What bothers me most in this menopause thing it's the anxiety, low mood, lethargy, tiredness, dizziness and feeling flat and spaced out and sometimes nausea and headaches.  The low mood and anxiety are the symptoms I want to be rid of as soon as possible. I don't think I have VA but there's no guarantee that I won't ever get it and perhaps I might start getting hot flushes.  I'm only that, now that I'm almost a year postmeno, things will start to improve.  As for the hormones I thought that there's a major drop at menopause and then past this they stabilise to remain permanently low.  They shouldn't continue to decline.

KarineT

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2021, 08:14:25 PM »

Also, sometimes I will wake up with a blocked nose for no apparent reason.  Very strange.