Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: 2 periods post menopause  (Read 1192 times)

warwick01

2 periods post menopause
« on: January 20, 2021, 02:44:06 PM »

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this ??

I have been using 2/3 pumps of Oestrogel and 7 days Northisterone every 6 weeks. September decided to try Elleste solo 40 MX patch for more even consistency. I started a period 2 weeks into using the patch (no progesterone ) I had a very heavy bleed for 10 days then stopped. One week ago I tried the same patch and within a week I started a period with PMT prior to the bleed. Stopped patch again, still bleeding day 6.

I am 61 years old, I cant understand why I get these bleeds as No progesterone in the patch >:(

Thanks W

Padine

Re: 2 periods post menopause
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 08:59:37 PM »

Warwick01, I’m not sure what could be the problem as I’ve only been on HRT pills which dr prescribed and agreed with me, but I noticed that nobody had replied yet and wanted to give you a hug  🤗 
    Can you phone your practice nurse or Dr with this ? It’s such a stressful time without wondering if we should ring the surgery or not. Even if there’s a simple explanation it will put your mind at ease.

Padine x

warwick01

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 06:40:37 PM »

hi Padine

Thank you for the reply. I am always undecided about ringing my GP as I know how busy they are. I am post menopause at 61 and shouldn't be have un scheduled bleeds. It may be due to applying the patch if only for a week. Day 8 still bleeding quite heavily. Will see if it settles and if it happens again - get it checked.

Thanks again Wxx 

Padine

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 11:45:36 PM »

I would ring them as I’m sure they won’t mind. My mother in law (who I got on really well) swithered about phoning her dr when her handicapped son (my brother in law)had a minor fit and she phoned in the end. It was nothing serious and she felt so guilty not dealing with it herself. Dr replied that’s what we’re here for dear, come hell or high water - if you’re worried, contact us. So I think you’ve nothing to lose. Sounds like you’re clued up on HRT so a quick chat with practice nurse might be all that’s needed. If you’re worried, please just contact them.
      Take care of yourself x

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2021, 05:40:26 PM »

Although it would appear to be due to patch post menopausal bleeding should always be investigated. Do you know for sure where you are in your meno journey? There are some people who are in their early 60s when they finish. Just wondering as you had pmt symptoms.