Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hello I'm new!  (Read 894 times)

Cookie25

Hello I'm new!
« on: January 19, 2021, 10:51:26 PM »

Hi, I'm 45 and believe im at least 5 years into peri. I'm now having months i find my feelings very difficult to cope with. Today for example i spent the day ( between home working full time) completing tasks in the house i felt proud of. Hubby then came home, didnt notice what i had done and rattled off the things he thought i would have done.... as a result i now feel my accomplishments are worthless along with me...

jaypo

Re: Hello I'm new!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 09:01:45 AM »

Hi cookie and welcome to the forum.
Don't beat yourself up,most men very rarely see what housework has been done,yesterday for instance, I went round and cleaned all the skirting boards,doors and bannister rails etc but I'd NEVER expect my OH  to notice BUT if he then went on to say what HE thought I SHOULDVE done,then we'd have issues and I'd point out to him the other things I'd accomplished, in a somewhat heated way  ;D

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 03:39:07 PM »

Hi cookie25.
Glad you’ve found us.
Your NOT worthless.
Blokes are like that, they don’t notice anything. Well, most of them anyway.
I’d soon tell my bloke to do one, if he said to me this is what I thought you’d have done today. 😤
Don’t let it get you down, be proud of what you’ve done, YOU know you’ve done them, so be happy.

:welcomemm:

Xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 05:32:35 PM »

MEN  >:( - I had a neighbour years++ ago whose husband would get home and pull out the sofa, book shelf, coffee tables to see if she had cleaned behind them.  She got a cleaner ! as she had a 2 year old son to look after.  They would have some rows, could hear them in the early hours.  Mine would have done the pulling out of sofa once. Only Once  :kick: 'and close the door quietly on your way out'!

:welcomemm: browse round  ;)

Cookie25

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2021, 10:26:27 PM »

Awh ladies thank you so much! You've made me feel very welcome to the forum and made me feel better! Horrific story of the husband checking for dust!!! Wow !
On the plus side i just told my hubby that id be going to bed straight after tea tonight - which I did- and he ran up and downstairs all night with snacks and drinks for me so hes not all bad!  :D
Ps i love all the animations CLKD!!! Xxx

jaypo

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2021, 09:05:20 AM »

Yay glad you feel better cookie  :) sometimes we just need to keep our OHs........... informed,shall I say  ;D
Ha,if my OH started checking for dust I'd hand him a flippin duster and some Mr Sheen

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2021, 09:51:42 AM »

;D

Browse round. Make notes ;-)

Cookie25

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2021, 11:28:37 PM »

Thanks ladies, will do  :D