Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Has anyone had recurrent cystitis/internal soreness bouts after a hysteroscopy  (Read 1096 times)

Katejo

I have been on vagifem and later Evorel Conti patches for over 2 years and they have worked really well most of the time. They have reduced my UTI's a lot and also my night time loo visits.
I had to have a hysteroscopy last May due to bleeding with HRT patches. No problems were found and the bleeding has stopped.

However, since last May, I have been having recurrent bouts of cystitis symptoms with soreness inside and increased loo trips. Each time I treated it with bicarb of soda and water (plus ibuprofen) and it usually cleared up without needing any AB. Then in November it flared up again and the usual treatment didn't help. I got a urine test sent away for analysis and then took a spare trimethroprim course. The urine test was negative for infection..

I would really like to know whether anyone else has had recurrent symptoms like this in the months following a hysteroscopy? Last week I was due for a follow up appt. with a urogynaecologist but, unfortunately, it was changed to a phone appt. at the last minute. I did get a call but reception was so poor  with background noise that it wasn't a helpful conversation and there were misunderstandings. I have drafted a letter to send to the doctor but it would be helpful to know if anyone has had a similar experience.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

U need appropriate vaginal atrophy treatment.

MayB put 'hysteroscopy' into the search box?

Katejo

U need appropriate vaginal atrophy treatment.

MayB put 'hysteroscopy' into the search box?
I am already having the VA treatment and it works most of the time. Just wondered why my mini cystitis bouts returned just after the hysteroscopy.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Sorry, can't help.  :-\