Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Long Covid and Peri Symptoms Confusion  (Read 1787 times)

loonarider

Long Covid and Peri Symptoms Confusion
« on: November 30, 2020, 07:58:53 PM »

Hi all,

I have recently read an interesting article about long covid. There is still a load more research to be done in this area obviously.

Anyway, I  believe I may have had covid back in March and ever since then have had a sore throat and cough that comes and goes since then to date, and really bad breathing issues to the point that even getting up from a seated position makes me out of breath - add to that chest pain that comes and goes and a racing heart beat that comes on especially at night.

Most recently (I think I had a seizure) after jolting up out of sleep with heart racing. My legs and arms were shaking uncontrollably, it was so strange and scary. I think it stopped after about 3 minutes.

Anyway, maybe my eye is off the ball and I'm chalking up all my symptoms to peri symptoms, but really it's long covid or a bit of both. The problem is that docs probably won't take it seriously if I mention it.

Check this article out and look at the symptoms. Fast heart rate, chest pain, shortness of breath, fatigue and so on...

Does anyone else suspect long covid?

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/health/im-a-covid-19-long-hauler-and-an-epidemiologist-heres-how-it-feels-when-symptoms-last-for-months?fbclid=IwAR10iZsSnnyxL-BsPRO0853WsaEdumGoC6TR3s6vQfUhY_iufmECpdB9tEA

loonarider

Re: Long Covid and Peri Symptoms Confusion
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 09:32:41 PM »

You can pay for a test that can tell you if you have had Covid.
I think it’s quite expensive but might be worth it to settle your mind.
I have a friend who is suffering from long covid .
I think you have said you are suffering from panic attacks. Maybe after you have had your tests you might feel a bit more settled.

Yes, I was thinking of buying a test, may be worth it. At least as a process of elimination, what with all the symptoms I'm experiencing - it would certainly help.

Thank Franny! :)

janeth

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 05:10:13 AM »

My GP reckons I had COVID back last March and I have been suffering ever since with symptoms that are confusingly meno like, racing heart at night especially though I have non meno symptoms like loss of sense of smell and joint inflammation too. I started hrt in May because I thought it must be my hormones, now I wonder because it hasn’t helped the heart racing though perhaps it’s the dosage. It’s so confusing knowing what to focus on especially as long COVID is still largely a mystery. My GP has given me beta blockers but they aren’t helping with the racing heart and I’m wondering if I need more than 50g sandrena gel at night instead. It’s all very confusing!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 09:44:01 AM »

Morning.  For those who suspect Long Covid, do look at the various research that is being done.  There is a specific on line group too.  All symptoms should be charted so that we get a better understanding of what is similar to 'yuppy flu', which was dismissed for years until it became a recognised condition.

Of course, I can't remember the name of the group but your GP should be aware of it .........

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2021, 09:45:37 AM »

Self-Help.org

COVID-19 Survivors Group UK

New service for people who have had coronavirus and survived.

COVID-19’s impact can be felt by us all and we are only just beginning to understand some of the long term implications it can have on the physical and mental wellbeing of survivors.

At Self Help UK we know that talking to others who have had similar experiences is essential to address concerns felt people who have survived COVID-19.