Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Late Onset menopause  (Read 3508 times)

Rosieg

• First Flush
Late Onset menopause
« on: January 16, 2021, 12:47:04 PM »

Hi, I’m new to this site and so pleased to find it :)
I’m 56 and my periods have been pretty regular apart from a few missed/late/early periods over the past few years. At the moment though, I am on the fourteenth day of a period and no sign of it abating. It’s not mega heavy and it’s a mixture of a pinky, watery flow, to bright red. Some days, it seems to stop in the afternoon and I hope it’s finished but then when I get up it’s back with a vengeance 🙄 I have also, occasionally  been experiencing irregular heart beats, which I know can be a symptom of peri menopause. I do suffer from health anxiety as well, which is a lot better than it was, but still get over worried about these sorts of things, especially after looking at Dr Google 🙄
I would love to hear if any of you lovely ladies have experienced the same sort of symptoms 😊

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Late Onset menopause
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 04:20:01 PM »

Hi.  Browse round.  Make notes.

:welcomemm: nothing is OTT here.

daisie

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 09:53:56 AM »

hi rosieg  in my experience i had the same problem with the bleeding going through the menopause i was having heavy bleeding for a long time then i had light bleeding it never did stop every day for months  i finished up going for scans which eventualy i had to have a hysterectomy i would if i was you do go get it checked out just to make sure theres nothing more than homones causing it x daisie

Rosieg

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 09:16:57 PM »

Thanks everyone for your comments 😊
Daisie, did they find the reason for your heavy/long bleeding? The Dr has ordered a scan for me but she thinks it’s just to do with peri menopause. Thought I would be over all this by 56!!🙄 x

daisie

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 10:54:40 AM »

hi roseig im sorry to say it wasnt good for me i hade 1st stages of womb cancer but luckily they caught it before it spread it was all contained within my womb i had a few scans at first which came back ok was that my lining had built up but as time went on i never did stop bleeding just light bleeding every day on my last scan thats when it was detected i went in and had a hysterectomy iv never looked back that was over 5 years ago but not saying its anything for you to worry about ,good to know you are going for a scan could most likely be you have a build up on your womb which is causing the bleeding which does happen in menopause cause you loose more progesterone while the estrogen keeps building up causing the loss of blood  you need progesterone to keep your womb healthy to rid it of the blood hope all goes well for you x daisie

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2021, 02:36:26 PM »

Some women are in their early 60s before they reach menopause, I had no peri symptoms until 56. I agree with the above, it's probably hormones but you should get it checked out just to be sure.

mk94

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2021, 02:09:22 AM »

hi roseig im sorry to say it wasnt good for me i hade 1st stages of womb cancer but luckily they caught it before it spread it was all contained within my womb i had a few scans at first which came back ok was that my lining had built up but as time went on i never did stop bleeding just light bleeding every day on my last scan thats when it was detected i went in and had a hysterectomy iv never looked back that was over 5 years ago but not saying its anything for you to worry about ,good to know you are going for a scan could most likely be you have a build up on your womb which is causing the bleeding which does happen in menopause cause you loose more progesterone while the estrogen keeps building up causing the loss of blood  you need progesterone to keep your womb healthy to rid it of the blood hope all goes well for you x daisie

Your post has scared me so much. I too suffer from health anxiety and come on here to get reassurance and I made the mistake of reading your post. How old are you. This is my biggest fear. Iam having awful periods with spotting in between periods. I'm so scared I too have cancer.

mk94

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2021, 02:15:58 AM »

Hi, I’m new to this site and so pleased to find it :)
I’m 56 and my periods have been pretty regular apart from a few missed/late/early periods over the past few years. At the moment though, I am on the fourteenth day of a period and no sign of it abating. It’s not mega heavy and it’s a mixture of a pinky, watery flow, to bright red. Some days, it seems to stop in the afternoon and I hope it’s finished but then when I get up it’s back with a vengeance 🙄 I have also, occasionally  been experiencing irregular heart beats, which I know can be a symptom of peri menopause. I do suffer from health anxiety as well, which is a lot better than it was, but still get over worried about these sorts of things, especially after looking at Dr Google 🙄
I would love to hear if any of you lovely ladies have experienced the same sort of symptoms 😊

Hi Rosieg
I'm going through the same as you and came here to get some reassurance because I too have awful HA. I kinda wish I didn't read some of the posts here. I'm more worried now.  I really hope this is just normal for us and it's just primenopause

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2021, 10:45:44 AM »

mk94 - don't worry too much.  If we have regular screening - regardless of things being on hold due to C-19, but we must push for ourselves! - then most cancers when caught early, are treatable.  daisie did well with her treatment and I had breast disease in the 1990s - still here.  We need to be pro-active in getting listened to which is so difficult sometimes.

If worried make a list and phone your GP Surgery for a chat.  The GP or practice Nurse will ring back and have advice.  Ask, ask, ask.  GPs have heard it all B4. 

If after a chat you don't feel relieved, make a list and ring again.  It's about building a relationship with the Practice.

sheila99

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2021, 12:59:24 PM »

Mk94 you should see you doctor. Irregular, heavy, light or missed periods are normal, spotting between periods isn't. I had spotting between periods some years ago and it was pre-cancerous cells in the cervix. Easily treatable but would have progressed to cancer if it had been left. Of course it's more likely to be nothing to worry about but best to get it checked out.

daisie

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2021, 12:09:38 PM »

Your post has scared me so much. I too suffer from health anxiety and come on here to get reassurance and I made the mistake of reading your post. How old are you. This is my biggest fear. Iam having awful periods with spotting in between periods. I'm so scared I too have cancer.
sorry to hear your health anxiety but i fear it too my comment is a personal one which i was putting my concern of bleeding when going through post menopause it doesnt happen to everyone i was unlucky but i got it sorted im 65 now it happened when i was 60