Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 831 times)

Deb75#

• First Flush
« on: January 15, 2021, 01:18:44 PM »

Bit about myself,I'm 46 and had a full hysterectomy November 2020. Up until 2 weeks ago though it was going to be a walk in the park going through the menopause. 2 weeks later has hit me like a steam train.Im hoping other people's experiences will make me feel less of a raging fool  :)

Sage 🍃

Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 01:36:10 PM »

Welcome Debs75#! I believe there are lots of members who have had hysterectomy, all you have to do is ask or do a search! Have you been offered oestrogen therapy?  :-*

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 01:36:26 PM »

:welcomemm:  was your risk of requiring HRT discussed prior to surgery?

Some ladies find that keeping a mood/symptom/food diary useful.  Browse round.

Deb75#

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 02:58:09 PM »

I have been commenced on 1mg hrt 10 days after sugar. I was aware of some issues prior to surgery but not to the extent it has. Unfortunately my gp doesn't have much understanding

Wrensong

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 03:31:15 PM »

Hi Deb75  :welcomemm: & sorry to know you are feeling rough after total hysterectomy, but you are certainly not alone in that & far from a raging fool, so be kind to yourself with all the tlc you can manage.  Sadly many women do feel pretty terrible as a result of surgically induced menopause, which can be a big shock to the system.  Good that you are already on HRT - I take it this is oestrogen only?  It's early days for you so I hope someone is monitoring how you get along, so that your dose can be changed or another type of HRT tried for best symptom relief.  You may well need testosterone once your oestrogen level is adequate if this has not already been mentioned by your medics, as intact ovaries go on producing significant amounts well into old age & it has widespread beneficial effects in the body, beyond those usually associated with the hormone.  I had BSO a few years ago & although already postmenopause at the time I  have needed testosterone adding to my HRT regimen.  I'm sure many other members will be along to welcome you & offer support & advice, but do keep posting & ask anything you need to know.  No question is silly here, nothing taboo.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 03:37:41 PM by Wrensong »