Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Not new 😊 but not sure where to post  (Read 1495 times)

Sarahsjs

• First Flush
Not new 😊 but not sure where to post
« on: January 15, 2021, 08:11:44 AM »

Hi, I’ve been a member for a while but have never found the need to post a question as I’ve always been able to find what I’m looking for through member’s question and answers.

However I’m a bit stuck with this one 😊 and wonder if someone could tell me the best place to post the question below please.

I’m 53, had the mirena coil for 5 years as I had heavy bleeding. I then had it removed while at the same time a few fibroids were removed and mirena was replaced. That was 18 months ago. I was taking estradiol (hrt) for the eostrigen. Mirena the progesterone, and never had a problem.

However a recent ultrasound (last week) for something unrelated spotted that the coil had moved into the cervix.
The coil has now been removed and I was placed on combined hrt kliovance straight away. It has only been a few days. Coil was removed this Tuesday, 12th January.   

I had slight spotting the same day, increasing over Wed and Thurs. Very heavy last night and this morning. I’m not overly worried yet, but a bit surprised as I thought the combined progesterone and eostrogen kliovance hrt would prevent bleeding as it’s replaced the progesterone in the mirena.

Not sure if it’s relevant but I had an fsh test Monday which came back as 30.6 u/l and a couple of small fibroids were spotted on ultrasound scan and endometrium was thin at 2mm.
Thank you.
Sarah x
Forgot to add that I believe I started perimenopause before my 50th. Periods were erratic at that time and I had broken my hip at 49. Dexa result, osteoporosis. Incredibly fortunate that I have not really experienced too many pre/post menopause pissibky due to combined mirena coil and estradiol which I was put on following dexa scan.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 08:18:13 AM by Sarahsjs »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Not new 😊 but not sure where to post
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 09:41:14 AM »

Morning.  Have you put the name of the product into the search box to see what pops up, until someone gives you an answer about HRT. 

Make notes  ;)

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 10:56:44 AM »

Hi sarahsjs

:welcomemm: - even though you have been a member for a while as this is your first post we always like to welcome members in this way.

Sorry to hear about this.

Firstly I would say that as you have changed progestogen as well as oestrogen - this change to hormones (especially progestogen type and dose and delivery) can often lead to bleeding even if there are no underlying issues.

Second - sounds good that your womb lining is so thin - but also if the endometrium is too thin then excess progestogens can cause atrophic endometrium which can also lead to spotting and bleeding though from what I've read this would not be heavy.

Third - fibroids can cause abnormal  bleeding or spotting though less likely if they're small.

Fourth the trauma of removal and the prodcudure itself could cause some bleeding.

If you feel that it is heavier than you might expect - ie very heavy - and especially as your endometrium was so thin, I would definitely consult your doctor as the reason for this (heavy bleeding) is not immediately obvious and I donlt think any of us can say what is causing it.

What dose of  oestrogel did you take? Kliovance is low dose so may be lower than your oestrogel dose.

Interesting that your FSH is high because high doses of oestrogen do suppress this so it often is lower once women are taking HRT. I am wondering why the doc ordered this test if you are taking HRT?

Anyway I do hope the bleeding eases soon and do let us know what you decide to do and the outcome.

Hurdity x

mandss

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 10:59:33 AM »

I also had my mirena coil removed as it was sitting in my cervix. I bleed for about five days after, which my GP said was normal. No bleeding since but it has now been just over a week. x

Sarahsjs

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 07:16:12 PM »

Thank you so much for your replies today. I was able to reach my Doctor this afternoon and she’s put my mind at rest.

It does seem to be a case of giving the kliovance a chance to work. I don’t think I’ll need it but she’s also prescribed a four day course of Tranexamic Acid to slow the bleeding (if necessary).

Thank you again 😊 x

Allanajane

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2021, 09:42:39 AM »

Hi I don’t think I’m posting this in proper area. My name is Allana. Iv been going threw peri for over 4 years and can’t seem to get my oestrogen right. I’m 48. Got the mirena coil fitting 3 months ago and on Everol 25. My menopause consultant upped my patch from 25 to 50. I slept fine until then. I couldn’t cope with not sleeping , work and being a mum. I spoke to him again after 6 months and he upped it to 75. I was wired to moon for 1 week. I reduce back too 50. Still no sleep so phoned drs for bloods. My estrogen was 1.325. I dropped patch back down to 25 with there advice. Sleeping ok but sore down below. Flat mood and no energy at all. Iv tryed upping few times and my mood lifts but I can’t sleep. Don’t fall over till back of 4 in morning. I’m sure I need more estrogen but I also need sleep. Thank you for listening and sorry for long post. I’m at my wits end. Just want to feel normal again. Oh from I cut patch back dwn I’m starting to put on weight as always craving carbs. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank you Allana.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2021, 08:19:11 PM »

Welcome.
Just wanted to say hello.

:welcomemm:

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2021, 08:52:08 PM »

Allana - could you be having too much oestrogen all at once?

Allanajane

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2021, 01:24:04 PM »

Hi Jill and thank you. Hi CLKD ,I’m not too sure. And thank you for your reply. I upped again by one quarter of 25 and last week too half of 25 plus my 25 patch. My memory has been terrible and Iv been bloated and my moods horrible. So this morning back to to just 1 patch at 25. This can be a nightmare till I get it right. Tried to get phone app with consultants but none till my original app in March. Thank you for your suggestion. Il see how I get on with the 25. Much appreciated.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2021, 01:34:19 PM »

Morning.  Keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart progress.  MayB cut back to C how you feel, it may take a few days for any adjustment to be noted?

Allanajane

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2021, 01:42:19 PM »

Thank you. I will do tht. Great idea. I would also like to add when I do upped my patch by a tiny quarter I bleed. So maybe cutting back would be good. Il see how I do on the 25 and keep a diary of how I feel. Thank you again for your advice.

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2021, 02:21:04 PM »

Let us know how you get on.

Allanajane

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2021, 09:13:10 PM »

I will do thank you.