Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 1055 times)

sorbet

Hi
« on: January 29, 2021, 10:03:45 AM »

Hi all , I’ve been a member for a few years now but have struggled on and self diagnosed. I’m 60 now , I’ve got an awful fear of doctors, ( after awful inappropriate behaviour , resulting in court proceedings and him being struck off ) but it has still left a kind of PTSD. Plus I dread tests as there is always an anomaly, even something silly so the panic is horrendous.
I knew nothing about the menopause, I’m of the opinion now that it’s something we should all be advised on , like our periods .
I didn’t know there was such a thing as peri menopause I thought I was seriously ill when I was drenched with sweat . The worst symptom for me has been UTI’s , and dreadful burning, tiredness and anxiety.
I’m pretty sure I’ve got prolapsed organs, I can’t get the Vagifem up far , sometimes it’s hard to pee unless I get into certain positions.
I recently had Covid and even though I ended up in hospital, the coughing resulted in me almost wearing a towel. I do hope to get any advice from others who have had similar. I’m back on Vagifem and taking a 3 day course yet again of trimethoprim. It is strange that antibiotics do often ease the burning. I wish I could put ice up there to be honest. x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 10:06:08 AM »

Welcome. I've replied to the comment in the other thread.  ;-)

You can speak to someone about PTSD.  It is good to talk, it took me 2-3 years of intermittent venting to feel better.

As for prolapse - do give your Practice Nurse a ring, discuss how you feel and ask for an appt. Most surgeries are seeing patients after discussion to decide how long an appt. is needed and who to see appropriately.  You are entitled to a chaperone so do ask the Nurse.  MayB make a list of your worries to take with you?

We should be advised but mainly it was 'it's the change' or 'her time of Life' when I overheard my Mum.  As far as I knew it was periods stopping and hot flushes .......... however  >:(

What support have you had since coming out of hospital following covid?   Again, there should be someone to talk to as several patients have struggled initially with breathing problems. Do you sing?

Don't struggle with the 'vagifem', put is as far in as is comfy.  Every night if necessary.  ABs will get rid of infections and relieve symptoms but they won't replace the oestrogen which causes dryness. 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 10:11:01 AM by CLKD »

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 10:51:21 AM »

Hi sorbet.

Keep posting! Ask anything you like, but your so right, most of us on here would agree that we should be educated on the menopause.
Hopefully the vagifem will give you some relief.

Xx

sorbet

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 11:03:26 AM »

Thank you for your lovely helpful reply . I’ll look at the other comment too .
I didn’t speak to anyone about the incident, and to make things worse a minor incident happened 4 years ago after I had my gallbladder removed and started having reflux. I saw a consultant privately , I was on my own, and there wasn’t a nurse present. I expected him to check my throat and upper chest externally, but he yanked my pants down. He is the main general surgeon at the local hospital so I wouldn’t tell anyone as they’d believe him .
I wouldn’t have ever believed he’d do such a thing . I can’t handle it and pretend nothing has happened and zone out . The earlier horrible abuse happened when I was in my 20’s and several women came forward.
I will persevere with the Vagifem, I’m trying to use it every night , anytime to stop this horrendous burning.
I am still showering and getting back into clean pjs . I don’t feel strong enough to go walking yet . I haven’t had any support re Covid. I do try singing, I know it’s good to strengthen the lungs .
I’ll follow up about the prolapse, it’s almost impossible to get through to the GP at the moment and I could only see the locum lady with this problem. They’re rushed off their feet at the moment. The Covid was horrendous, I had everything from the awful tight chest and cough to an ear infection and 5 days of non stop sickness and diarrhoea until it was black blood. I’d bought an oxymeter last year, so was checking SATs , but there’s more to it .
Take care I look forward to speaking to you again it’s reassuring and so lovely to converse with someone who understands. x

sorbet

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 11:07:03 AM »

Hi sorbet.

Keep posting! Ask anything you like, but your so right, most of us on here would agree that we should be educated on the menopause.
Hopefully the vagifem will give you some relief.

Xx
Hi Jilly bless you thank you for replying. I hope it works soon . It would be wonderful.
Take care xx

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2021, 12:34:43 PM »

A predatory consultant - not as rare as the public thinks.  It's the shock effect, which these people know - in a trusted position they believe that no one will squeak.   Do you feel that you should report it?  It can be logged on a police data base who may already have an 'eye' on him.

However: mayB someone else reported him?  You can look on the Hospital website to see if he is in practice and also do a 'search' for his name in the BMA website. 

Some ladies find that oestrogen around the outer labia eases that area.  It's Trial and Error and trying to find what works for you vaginal region.

sorbet

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2021, 02:03:51 PM »

Hi , I’m strong and would defend others but I wouldn’t even tell anyone about this consultant, I wouldn’t be believed . He’s close to retirement age and viewed as a god. I saw him on a documentary about Junior doctors on tv a couple of years ago . I thought people don’t know he’s a wonderfully clever man , but he’s still a predator.
I’m going to try and ask for a prescription for an Oestrogen cream. Thank you so much 😊 x

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2021, 02:26:59 PM »

If the episode doesn't impact on your memories too much then put it down to experience and shock?  We can often know what we should have done but the surprise aspect is what predators rely upon. 

Let us know how you get on with 'ovestin'.

sorbet

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2021, 03:10:19 PM »

I will ring the GP practice for a prescription on Monday, it will probably be the nurse prescriber who calls back.
Yes I was shocked after that last experience. I walked out of there , after saying goodbye to the reception staff, in a daze .
 I sat in the car for an hour on the carpark, it was a beautiful summer’s evening.
I saw the Consultant drive off in a small convertible which I remember thinking that must be his “nice weather “, car .
It hasn’t affected me like the first time, but my trust issues have gone down further and it’s a huge disappointment.
We cope /manage these examinations by believing we are just viewed as a another body , and when you’ve seen one you’ve seen them all.
The majority of medics are professionals, but the odd one spoils it. I remember my grandmother seeing him years ago and he was wonderful .
I’ll let you know how I get on and thank you for your support.
Once this burning has gone I will be so happy and relieved. x