Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Breast pain  (Read 1567 times)

Dougalina

Breast pain
« on: January 11, 2021, 05:25:51 PM »

Hello

I’m using oestrogel and progesterone, have been on it for over two years,

I seem to be getting strange breast pain, on the inner sides of both breasts and up the middle, where your cleavage is. It’s not constant, but zaps of pain and tenderness.

Occasionally, I also get these pains on the underside too.

Does anyone else get this?

Trying not to worry about it too much, as I struggle with health anxiety. I am up to date with my mammograms, last one was May 2019.

Thanks in advance

D

Taz2

Re: Breast pain
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 05:44:41 PM »

Pain in the middle between the breasts can often be down to something called costochondritis which is inflammation of the cartilage I believe. it can be very painful and is sometimes mistaken for signs of s heart attack.

Taz x

Dougalina

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 10:31:30 AM »

thank you for replying Taz :)

It is tender if I press the inner side of my breast. 

D

samanthachatwin

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 11:00:35 PM »

Hi I get breast pain but in the outside not inside. I too suffer with health anxiety, every twinge I think it’s serious! I had 3 sections so I get some discomfort around my scar on the inside and it panics me and due to COVID I am still awaiting my first mammogram nearly one year late. Dr said no one in the area has had them so I am on tender hooks waiting for that. I do however check myself every day that’s how obsessive I am but petrified as I do it! I think breast pain is very common from speaking to my friends however pain in the middle could it be indigestion? Hang in there xx

Sparrow

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 08:59:27 AM »

Pain in the middle between the breasts can often be down to something called costochondritis which is inflammation of the cartilage I believe. it can be very painful and is sometimes mistaken for signs of s heart attack.

Taz x

Yes I had this after I fell during a walk. I landed on a pile of logs and was bruised but it was after that had gone the pain started.

Dougalina My pain was helped by ditching my bras for about a month.  I used to wear underwired ones which really didn't help.  Now I wear very soft ones in the summer and vests with support in the winter.  Definitely much more comfortable.

Dougalina

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 02:42:40 PM »

Hi

Samantha, sorry to hear you are suffering.  Is there any way you could go for a private mammo?  It would help put your mind at rest

Hi shady, that sounds like a good idea.  I don't think I could go bra-less, well, only at home, but I could try switching to non underwired type.  Trouble is, finding a nice non wired bra is really difficult at the moment

D