Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Post Menopausal Bleeding & also blood in urine  (Read 7709 times)

Sage 🍃

Re: Post Menopausal Bleeding & also blood in urine
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2021, 04:56:29 PM »

Thinking of you, Cazikins  :-*

Limpy

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2021, 08:00:25 PM »

Such good news that it was benign.

Cazikins

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2021, 02:13:10 PM »

I got a phone call this morning offering me a CT scan on my kidneys for tomorrow afternoon... :o :o that was bloody quick. I should have asked if they had had a cancellation & that's why it is so soon.

So to date I know this:
It's not cervical cancer as my smear was clear 2 weeks ago.
It's not ovarian cancer as the blood test taken 4 weeks ago was ok.
It's not bladder cancer as the cystoscopy showed no sign of it.

Coming up next:
CT scan tomorrow to check the kidneys.
Possible hysteroscopy in early Feb to remove polyp etc - waiting for confirmation on this.

Things to do:
Speak to the gynae/McMillan nurse to find out the full results of the examination/procedure I had done on the 4th Jan.

Blimey this is becoming a bit like a to do list/diary ... ;D ;D

Love Cazikins xx
 :cat48: :cat48: :cat48:

sheila99

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2021, 05:57:47 PM »

Three nasties have been crossed off the list. Good luck for tomorrow. Most likely a cancellation as it's such short notice.

jaypo

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2021, 06:26:28 PM »

Yay cazikins,it's all looking good,maybe you've just some kidney stones,when I had my kidney scan it showed one but gave me no trouble,next scan,it was gone,it had dissolved or passed on its own,it did cause blood in the urine.
We're all rooting for you and yes,it'll be a cancellation,that's the only reason they'd phone you the day before,good luck xx

Deeble

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2021, 06:45:22 PM »

Hope tomorrow goes well Cazikins.
Will be thinking of you. X

Cazikins

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2021, 04:14:18 PM »

CT scan on kidneys & bladder all ok & no stones showing. The urologist has discharged me back to my G.P. although he has copied in my gynae on all the results.

I had the hysteroscopy last week & had a polyp removed & now waiting for the results.

I'm still bleeding from the hysteroscopy which was 5 days ago & thought it would have stopped by now, I think the leaflet said it can be expected for 2 - 3 days - will have to check.

Oh I was a very brave girl - I sang whilst she did the polypectomy. I had to to keep my mind off what was going on down below.
"Take ne Home Country Roads"  :parti: it did help me - God knows what they must have thought of me although they did hum along to the chorus bit.  ;D

Cazikins xx

Deeble

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2021, 05:18:38 PM »

Hi Cazikins
Uplifting story of your singing through your hysteroscopy! Good for you. Interesting  song choice!
After mine I had bleeding for 6 days and my leaflet said a week or so.
Not too long to wait for your results hopefully.
All the best. D x

jaypo

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2021, 06:27:57 PM »

Great cazikins,you're getting there girl 💖

Sage 🍃

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2021, 10:57:58 PM »

Wonderful news, Cazikins! Love your approach to hysteroscopy  ;D :-*

Cazikins

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2021, 07:29:20 PM »

All results ok, bleeding stopped a week after the hysteroscopy.  :) :)

I still have a gynae appt in April to check out the lichens scoliosis & cyst I have on my vulva which plays up sometimes - but the main problem I had after Christmas (Post Menopausal Bleeding) seems to have been the polyp... the relief is enormous I can't tell you. I really thought my number was up especially back in January when the gynae had the Macmillan nurse in on the consultation. I think I've had a guardian angel looking after me & holding my hand. :ange:

I cannot applaud the NHS enough. At no time did I feel brushed aside, I didn't have to chase doctors, consultants or secretaries. I put my trust in these wonderful people & knew I was in very good hands.

I know some people don't have the same experience as me but I am truly grateful that my experience was dealt with professional people from day 1.

Wishing all the other ladies who went through similar problems at the same time as me a similar outcome.

Thanks to all you ladies who supported me.

Love Cazikins xxx
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 07:32:02 PM by Cazikins »

jaypo

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2021, 08:05:29 PM »

Awww cazikins,I'm so happy for you, I was actually thinking about you yesterday as you'd not posted but no news is good news.
Bet you feel fantastic,just brilliant news  :-*

Deeble

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2021, 08:42:14 PM »

Hi Cazikins - brilliant news! You must be so relieved.
I'm a couple of weeks on from my own good news after post-meno bleed and biopsies and I keep reminding myself how lucky I am! Thank you for supporting me then and I'm so happy for you now you've had this result! Xx

Cazikins

« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2022, 05:27:18 PM »

Well here we are 18 months later & I had to have another hysteroscopy in early July for PMB again. A polyp was found & all ok - however 2 days ago I started another bleed so back I have to go again.

Now thankfully I have the gynae's direct NHS email address so I emiled her this afternoon asking if I needed to go back through my GP or is there a way I can bypass it - & bless her she answered within 15 minutes saying " I would not expect you to have further bleeding relating to this so I think if you are we should review you back in clinic"...... what a star she is.

However I'm still worried sick. At 65 I wasn't expecting all this again. I take half a tablet of Femoston conti low dose a day, nothings changed so just don't know what is going on now.

Cazi x

Limpy

« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2022, 05:49:28 PM »

Thank goodness you had the direct email address Cazi. I know it's horrible having to be reviewed in the clinic again but you will have saved loads of time being able to arrange things directly with the gynae.
Really hope things work out well for you  :hug:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4