Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Post Menopausal Bleeding & also blood in urine  (Read 7712 times)

Cazikins

Post Menopausal Bleeding & also blood in urine
« on: January 02, 2021, 05:24:40 PM »

Back in June I had soreness down below, not internal, around urethra. Some pain on urination, stinging and itching. No urinary frequency. No discharge. Diagnosed with lichen sclerosis. Also had a problem with a possible cyst on the vulval area so have an appt in April to get that checked out.

Over Christmas I had Post Menopausal Bleeding & also blood in urine. Dr was brilliant & arranged for urgent tests etc.
Urine sample confirmed blood. Sample taken from cervix - no infection. Blood tests taken on Thursday & awaiting results. Scan booked for Monday at hospital under 2 week emergency rule.

I have had problems like this before & they've been fibroids or cysts - but I had a light brown discharge with them. This was bright red blood & some clotting. It was also smelly. It was quite distressing & upsetting.

I take 1/2 a tablet of Femosten ultra low dose conti combined per day & have done for several years now.

Good news is that the bleeding stopped yesterday, however I'm feeling very tired, wiped out & very weepy.

Has anyone any words of wisdom to stop me thinking that this is the big C.

Thanks you lovely ladies of wisdom.
Cazikins xx  :cat48: :cat48: :cat48:

sheila99

Re: Post Menopausal Bleeding & also blood in urine
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 08:54:02 PM »

When I had pre-cancerous cells I had bright red spotting, certainly not enough blood for clots and no smell. I don't think it's cervical cancer. Did they suggest what blood in the urine might be?

Cazikins

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 01:16:02 PM »

Thanks Jaypo & Sheila99,
No not giving any AB's yet but as the urine was only dipped on Weds by a nurse at my practise, it then had to be reported to my G.P. but she wasn't in till Thursday, as I've not heard anything I'm thinking it must have been sent to the lab?? ???
I have my scan tomorrow (if it doesn't get cancelled at the last moment. Hopefully I'll get a better idea of what's going on.
The other thing that has occurred is that I seem to be getting another white smelly discharge again, which I noticed this morning.
More blooming worry... >:(

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 06:36:07 PM »

Please let us know how you get on cazikins.

Cazikins

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 08:42:33 PM »

Bit of a shock but after the consultation & exam by the gynecologist on Monday, there is a very strong chance that it is cancer. Not ovarian though which they seem to stress to me.
She said she saw a fibroid. Then she said "& that looks like a polyp....or is it something else". Took a sample through the endo lining which bloody hurt like mad. I've been told that if it comes back positive I will need a hysterectomy but that it is manageable.... not sure what that means really.
A McMillan nurse was in with me after the exam & she gave me her card so that I could contact her if I needed to ask any questions.
Results should be back next week.
I'm feeling numb, sick & shocked. I've had breakthrough bleeds before & just had a hysteroscopy & all good afterwards. I knew this was different -  just felt tired, weak etc but the bright red blood was what alarmed me.
I still have the worry of blood in my urine. Trying to get to the bottom of that as well. Could it mean I have cancer of the bladder too?
Trying to stay positive but bloody hell what a time to have something like this going on whilst Covid threat happening.
Cazikins xx  :cat48: :cat48:

jaypo

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 08:53:33 PM »

Oh cazikins poor you,that's awful but treatable? Please please let us know how it all goes. Much love xx

Deeble

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 09:42:56 PM »

Cazikins - just to send you good wishes and a virtual hug. Xxx 

sheila99

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 09:55:12 PM »

I'm so sorry, what a shock. I think they're doing their best to make sure non covid treatment carries on this time, I really hope yours does.

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2021, 11:23:58 PM »

Sending hugs to you Cazikins. I've got everything crossed that your results will be as good as possible.

As for blood in urine. I have the microscopic blood all of the time when I have my urine tested but various investigations have never uncovered why. A gynae did say she thought it was due to vaginal dryness.

Taz x  :hug:

Sage 🍃

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2021, 12:00:48 AM »

Thinking of you, Cazikins. Hopefully it's not cancer but if it is, it has been caught early and a hysterectomy will get rid of it. Are you still bleeding? How do you know it's coming from the bladder or the womb? I had a bleeding a couple of months ago, but it stopped before I could buy some tampons to test if it was from womb or bladder. Sending positive vibes your way. We're here to support you, always!  :-*

Cazikins

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2021, 01:37:20 AM »

Thanks for all your support.
It's hard when you don't have a big close family to talk to, no one to hug except my wonderful hubby. No "bubble", don't get me wrong I have some amazing friends but sadly atm we can't socialize due to lockdown - but I hoped I could count on my old virtual mates on here.  :thank you: & you haven't let me down.

Yes Sage I'm still bleeding. I know where the blood is coming from as it's shown quite clearly on the toilet paper when I wipe/dab myself.... plus the mirror confirms it. ::)

I'm trying to stay positive but everyday is torture - waiting, hoping, more waiting, more thinking...
I'm a planner, a woman in control of her destiny & I feel out of my depth.

Thanks my meno buddies - can you "virtually" hold my hand over the next few weeks to help me get through this ordeal - & when I'm out the other side we can have a right old knees up  :) ;) xx

jaypo

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2021, 08:27:34 AM »

You bet we can cazikins,I'm holding your hand right now my lovely.
Xxx

Jenna

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2021, 09:06:15 AM »

Thinking of you Cazikins and hoping for the very best outcome for you. xxx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2021, 09:45:26 AM »

Cazikins.
I'm so sorry I've only just caught up.

Listen, you'll get through this. Your stronger than you think. You have a lovely bloke to help you through too. It must be hard or almost impossible to stay positive, But you must honey.
We're here for you, anytime. I'm holding your hand, your boobs, your whole body babe, 😂 wish I could come down to you to give you a bloody big hug.
I'll be thinking of you all the time now, let me know how your doing. Sending a bucket load of love, PM me anytime. Xxxxxxxxx

Limpy

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2021, 11:03:56 AM »

Oh Cazikins this is so not what anybody wants. Looking on the positive side - it's been caught early and you will be getting the treatment that you need. Sending loads of positive thoughts and hugs  :hug:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4