Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: July 2021 ? continuing risks ? (was C-19 2021)  (Read 21918 times)

Lyncola

Re: Coronavirus - 2021
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2021, 08:52:16 AM »

I’m from Queensland Australia and in south east of Queensland one cleaner (she cleans in a hotel for Australians coming back from overseas) has got the UK coronavirus.

One person, and the Queensland government has put 5 cities into lockdown for three days. And will make a decision if we need longer.

I’m proud of Queensland for doing that, they are hoping by going hard quickly we can avoid a 30 day lockdown.

To all the lovely ladies in the UK and all over the world, I’m sending you my love and a big hug 🤗

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2021, 09:56:02 AM »

It is not 'ours'  ::).  It is being found across the World as well as yet another variant in S Africa.  We should close our borders for the time that the UK is in lockdown!

Dougalina

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2021, 11:26:54 AM »

Hi lynocola

Sounds like your government is doing a much better job than ours!  This UK variant does seem to be much more transmissable. My sister and her husband have it, and their daughter has been in hospital with it.

They were all very careful too.

Take care

D

CLKD

« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2021, 11:40:33 AM »

That's awful Dougaline  :'(

I was told that a positive test is likely to remain in the blood stream for up to 90 days after the person begins to feel well. 

Taz2

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2021, 01:25:47 PM »

My son and his work colleagues all tested negative 14 days after their positive tests so they cleared it faster than some.

Taz x

Uptick

« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2021, 03:00:17 PM »

CLKD

« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2021, 04:13:28 PM »

All these experiences should be recorded for future reference. 

daska86

« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2021, 08:45:01 PM »

So fed up with it all ,  our area has cases rising like mad, just trying to stay in as much as possible

CLKD

« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2021, 10:06:56 PM »

It's into the communities now.  Sadly we have to learn to live with it as it is no longer possible to avoid it.  Lots of hand washing is important !

Taz2

« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2021, 01:00:12 AM »

I'm just staying in as much as possible but am lucky in that I'm retired though my partner still has to go in to work.

Taz x

Lyncola

« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2021, 04:00:23 AM »

Why did I called it the UK Coronavirus, because that’s what the media calls that strain in Australia.
Nothing personal

Sparrow

« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2021, 08:15:57 AM »

I'm just staying in as much as possible but am lucky in that I'm retired though my partner still has to go in to work.

Taz x

We haven't got much choice though have we Taz.  The supermarket and a walk is all that's available.

If I survive the epidemic I'll probably be totally nuts 🤪.

Sparrow

« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2021, 08:25:22 AM »

Why did I called it the UK Coronavirus, because that’s what the media calls that strain in Australia.
Nothing personal

There is actually no evidence that it originated in the UK.  It is thought to have come in via returning holiday makers.

The reason it's been identified here is that we have a lab which is able to identify virus variants more effectively, than those available in other countries.

Taz2

« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2021, 09:45:26 AM »

Taz x

We haven't got much choice though have we Taz.  The supermarket and a walk is all that's available.

If I survive the epidemic I'll probably be totally nuts 🤪.

Me too though I was apparently nuts to start with!  ;D I've not been in a supermarket since March. All online shopping since then. I save the walk till later in the day as, if I go early, I feel trapped then!

Taz x  :-\

Lyncola

« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2021, 04:35:13 AM »

My Aunty posted on Facebook today, (she from Taunton) that she thought it was terrible that people were walking around outside without face mask 😷.

Is that normal for England, I can’t believe with how bad your country is that people would be walking around without face mask. I know a lot of people would be doing the right thing.

I’m currently in a three day lockdown due to one cleaner having the UK coronavirus (that’s what the media call it in Australia, we have top labs here too and they can see if the strain has come from South Africa or UK etc.)
We are only allowed outside for 5 reasons and you musk wear a mask 😷.
If the police catch you it’s a $200 or if you catch you out of your lockdown area it over $1300 fine.

Is there fines over there for doing the wrong thing?
By the way I’m on day two and we have had no other cases yet, on Monday at 6pm they will decide what the next step will be?

Big hug from Australia, I know you guys are doing it hard over there at the moment.
 :bighug:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15