Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Testing for bugs  (Read 1344 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Testing for bugs
« on: December 28, 2021, 10:09:57 AM »

What is strep throat in the UK?

Group A strep (strep A) are often found on the surface of the skin and inside the throat. They are a common cause of infection in adults and children. They can be spread in droplets in the coughs or sneezes of someone with an infection, or through direct contact with an infected person or contaminated object.   2 Oct 2020

What happens if strep throat goes untreated?

Strep throat accounts for only a small portion of sore throats. If untreated, strep throat can cause complications, such as kidney inflammation or rheumatic fever. Rheumatic fever can lead to painful and inflamed joints, a specific type of rash, or heart valve damage.

CLKD

Re: Testing for bugs
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2021, 10:12:58 AM »

Can I beat strep without antibiotics?

Strep throat typically goes away in three to seven days with or without antibiotic treatment. However, if you don't take antibiotics, you can remain contagious for two to three weeks and are at a higher risk for complications, such as rheumatic fever.

C.C.

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2021, 09:00:34 PM »

I had my tonsils out in my mid-30's because of repeated cases of strep.  I had it at least 5 times in one year and was put on antibiotics each time. My doctor sent me to an ENT for an assessment and I was told my tonsils and adenoids had to come out.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 04:46:53 PM by C.C. »

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2021, 09:36:28 AM »

Yet the tonsils are there to protect the rest of the body?    My sister had that done when she was 9.