Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: FND and HRT  (Read 1952 times)

Sunriser

FND and HRT
« on: December 30, 2020, 09:38:03 AM »

::) hi hope everyone is keeping safe and well!
Does anyone out there have FND? (Functional Neurological Disorder) I have a severe neurological problem which comes from a serious infection a few years ago and I have stroke symptoms.
Since I started taking HRT (evorel sequi) I have noticed a massive relief from menopause symptoms but a marked increase in neurological symptoms which completely debilitate me.
I’m going to ask my GP today if I can try another patch.
Does anyone else have a similar experience? Does this mean the need of the road for HRT?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: FND and HRT
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 10:02:24 AM »

Morning.  There are several ways that HRT can be delivered.

MayB make a note of why you take it and which symptom you need to ease.

What support do you get for the FND?

Sunriser

Re: FND and HRT
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 10:33:48 AM »

The patch is the third method I’ve tried and by far the most successful. The gel gave me sweats that I hadn’t really suffered from, the oral tablet made me depressed...
FND-I have support from a fantastic neurologist, great physios and I attend an osteopath.
I was seeing a marked improvement in my overall symptoms about 2 years ago and then started to deteriorate so badly I thought I was heading for a relapse. But there were so many other new issues that pointed to something else. So I had my bloods done and showed that I was in menopause.
The patch has alleviated fatigue, chronic constipation, irritability, mood swings, chronic pain...it’s been a real bonus. But I’ve been keeping a diary and the stroke symptoms are getting worse the longer I am on the patch.