Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

twitter facebook instagram blogger

Author Topic: FND and HRT  (Read 143 times)

Sunriser

FND and HRT
« on: December 30, 2020, 09:38:03 AM »

::) hi hope everyone is keeping safe and well!
Does anyone out there have FND? (Functional Neurological Disorder) I have a severe neurological problem which comes from a serious infection a few years ago and I have stroke symptoms.
Since I started taking HRT (evorel sequi) I have noticed a massive relief from menopause symptoms but a marked increase in neurological symptoms which completely debilitate me.
I’m going to ask my GP today if I can try another patch.
Does anyone else have a similar experience? Does this mean the need of the road for HRT?

CLKD

Re: FND and HRT
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 10:02:24 AM »

Morning.  There are several ways that HRT can be delivered.

MayB make a note of why you take it and which symptom you need to ease.

What support do you get for the FND?
Changes can be scarey, even when we want them!

Sunriser

Re: FND and HRT
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 10:33:48 AM »

The patch is the third method I’ve tried and by far the most successful. The gel gave me sweats that I hadn’t really suffered from, the oral tablet made me depressed...
FND-I have support from a fantastic neurologist, great physios and I attend an osteopath.
I was seeing a marked improvement in my overall symptoms about 2 years ago and then started to deteriorate so badly I thought I was heading for a relapse. But there were so many other new issues that pointed to something else. So I had my bloods done and showed that I was in menopause.
The patch has alleviated fatigue, chronic constipation, irritability, mood swings, chronic pain...it’s been a real bonus. But I’ve been keeping a diary and the stroke symptoms are getting worse the longer I am on the patch.