Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Been stupid.  (Read 2523 times)

Coll

Been stupid.
« on: December 27, 2020, 08:05:03 PM »

Hello ladies,

I haven't been on here for a while.

I have been stupid and taken 8 months of Oestrogel, two pumps a day with no utrogestin (because it makes me so depressed and anxious) and I have been so busy at work didn't feel I had time to feel poorly.
It has affected my brain and I was missing things which is why I quickly took 7 days of progesterone.

I feel dreadful, the Gp won't give me anymore HRT and although he arranged  a scan, I wonder should I ask for a hysteroscopy, as I now have pelvic pain

I feel so stupid but it has been such a busy year in the NHS I just wanted to make sure I could work effectively.

Does anyone have any experience of this or advice.

Many thanks Coll

sheila99

Re: Been stupid.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 09:19:50 PM »

The scan will show if you need a hysteroscopy but you do need it soon. If it was me I would do the 12 days x 200mg utrogeston and hope for a good withdrawal bleed at the end of it. Also stop the oestrogen to prevent any more build up.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 09:30:29 PM »

After the scan perhaps give the Mirena a try, i couldn't tolerate Utrogeston but have found the Mirena good for me.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2020, 09:21:57 AM »

........ and breath.   Did U feel well until recently?

What's stupid about trying to feel better?  If your GP follows through and arranges a scan that will give you a starting point.  Think about what the others have suggested - I don't use HRT - 2 see if it suits?

Coll

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2020, 11:38:09 AM »

Thank you ladies, you are so supportive.
I had forgotten how much better I feel after reading of your experiences and excellent advice.

I did take 7 days of utrogestin and had a proper bleed.

CLKD to answer your question I have been feeling so good but then panicked when I realised I had been.missing things at work.
I 'm actually off sick to get my head straight.
Think I might ask the doctor for some anti depressants as I don't know how I can go on at the moment or certainly how I will ever face going into work again.
Iv been frightened of anti depressants  because that was what I was offered at the start of all my problems years ago and they made my mind very fuzzy.

I really hope that I can continue working if I get this sorted out.
Sorry to sound so self absorbed but I feel dreadful, sad and such a ridiculous failure

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2020, 12:41:11 PM »

No need to apologise.

Once ADs get into the system the mugginess should go away.  I take my main dose at night.  Still wake a bit hung over but it's better than being depressed. 

Some ADs can ease anxiety.  R U a list maker, it helps me a lot.

Ollie Wombles

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2021, 11:36:55 PM »

It's time to take care of yourself, get your head together and when you feel better then start thinking about going back to work.

You're not alone in feeling poorly like this I have been booked off since the end of July with depression & anxiety which the powers that be have put down to the onset of menopause. Started HRT on the John Studd regime in August and am recovering.

Don't be afraid of antidepressants, the trick is to find the right one and give yourself plenty of time to let them work and any side effects to go away. It took 5 weeks for me to stop feeling fuzzy, sick & weird.

I take Sertraline & propranolol everyday and am working with my lovely counsellor to face going back to work at the end of January.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2021, 09:41:55 AM »

:thankyou:  Ollie Wombles - always nice to learn of someone's positive journey  :foryou:

Coll

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2021, 11:22:44 PM »

Thank  you for your messages of support.
I am taking sertraline 50 mg, so hoping to pick up soon.
I have had such a good year and was thinking I was sorted until this all hit me again.
Can't believe how normal the Oestrogel made me feel, no depression or anxiety at all.  It was just the utrogestin that I was so frightened of.

Anyway on we go, and try again.
I can't have any more hormones till I see the consultant on the 20th.
Thank you again for your kindness and support xx

sheila99

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2021, 09:59:09 AM »

Not long to wait now, I hope it goes well.

Coll

Feedback on unopposed oestrogen
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2021, 12:30:53 PM »

Hi again,
Just wanted to give you wonderful ladies a bit of feedback.

I had taken unopposed oestrogen for 8 months. Then the Gp took me off all HRT.

Saw the consultant today who was so lovely.
He did a quick pipelle biopsy of the endometrium and tested my urine (Have had pelvic discomfort.)

He suggested I try Kliovance, which has a little bit of progesterone  in  but not sure if it only contains too small a portion of oestrogen (I was very happy on the 2 pumps a day of oestrogen).

Going to see if there is Kliovance thread on here but at least I got the HRT back.

I'm back at work but finding it really hard, doubting everything I write.

Will keep you posted xx
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 12:32:53 PM by Coll »

Kathleen

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2021, 05:09:57 PM »

Hello Coll.

I completely understand your reasons for using Oestrogel only and I am pleased that this hasn't caused you any problems.

Were you ever tempted to increase your gel dose to counteract the effects of Utrogestan?
I think some ladies manage this way and  I know that Newson Health say you can go up to six pumps to achieve symptom relief (I should add that my NHS consultant thought that  four pumps was a lot for me although that may be because I am post meno) .

I know someone who takes Kliovance and she seems to be happy with it so hopefully it will suit you as well.

Wishing you well and please keep us updated.

K.

Coll

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2021, 06:30:01 PM »

Thank you for that Kathleen.

Iv got everything crossed x

sheila99

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2021, 08:48:23 PM »

Thanks for the update, I hope kilovance works for you.