Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Essential oils  (Read 1419 times)

Dougalina

Essential oils
« on: December 24, 2020, 05:13:20 PM »

Hi

Long time lurker here. Just wondered if any ladies have tried essential oils to help with anxiety? I don’t like lavender, but have heard that Roman chamomile, Francinscence (sorry, can’t spell it) and  bergamot orange are good too.

Anyone tried them, or can recommend any others?

Also, can the oils be used with a burner?

Just need to try something as anxiety is ruling my life

Thanks in advance

D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Essential oils
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 05:55:02 PM »

Most oils can be used with a burner. However, some should not be used i.e. lavender, if 1 is pregnant  ::).

How about buying some fresh herbs after C.mas?  Supermarkets have basil but I cannot abide the smell  :-X >:(.  Rosemary, bergamot and orange - they are separate plants.  Can be grown outdoors or on a cool windowsill.

Have a look-C at Jekka's Herbs web-site.  She has grown herbs to Gold Certificate standard at Chelsea and has seeds as well as advice.

Lemon balm is good in the garden too but it does spread ;-).  One can brush against it and it leaves a lovely smell.

Anxiety can also be eased by appropriate medication , used initially daily and then on an as necessary basis.  I have also taken Bach Rescue Remedy pastilles or the mouth spray with success.  Holland Barratt.

Deep breathing - have you tried laying in bed and stretching/relaxing muscles from the toes upwards?  The idea is to do each muscle group as you move up the body ...........

Dougalina

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 11:15:58 AM »

Thanks for the reply, I’ll check out that herb site  :)

Dougalina

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 11:32:06 AM »

I was thinking about you when I cut back some lemon balm yesterday  ;).