Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Digestive issues - a symptom of perimenopause?  (Read 17336 times)

Itwillpass

Re: Digestive issues - a symptom of perimenopause?
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2020, 05:38:33 PM »

Befuddled the heart beat in my stomach makes me really anxious, so relieved it’s not just me! I have tried Buscopan, also drink green & ginger tea yuk but will try anything, also been on aloe Vera capsules for 5 days obviously too soon yet but have read some good things about them  ::) not heard of colpermin ladies but sounds interesting  ;)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 05:40:21 PM by Itwillpass »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2020, 08:49:27 PM »

Charcoal doesn't work the same way.  I never had heartburn with the 'colpermin'.  Once it does it's work, then consider charcoal [we used to give the Jack Russel and Gt Dane charcoal biscuits made by Shapes]  ::)

befuddled

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2020, 10:27:43 PM »

No I didn't ever get heartburn either, though i was aware of it as a possible side effect.

Colpermin and Mintec, both the same, both available otc.    I think it was Mintec that I had on prescription, three times a day before meals, and before bedtime.  I don't know if the nhs still does that now (cost cutting?), it was a few years ago, but much cheaper that otc if you can persuade your gp to prescribe it. 

I remember trying charcoal tablets, but don't remember that they did much for me.

Try not to worry to much, Itwillpass.  Anxiety often makes digestive problems worse even when not the cause of it

Sophie79

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2020, 10:28:48 AM »

Hello, just read your post. Sorry to hear you are suffering with this. I had something similar a few months ago. The bloating was unreal and gurgling like you mentioned, I was sooo uncomfortable whenever I ate.
In the end, after much reading, went on a combination of low fod map and candida diet.
Apparently a lot of women our age suffer with what they call sibo / sifo. I think it's hormone related but messes with the bacteria in your gut.
I had no sugar, wheat, anything with yeast in, for about 6 weeks. 1st week I felt really rotten, apparently that's your body getting rid of toxins. Since then, it's all calmed down, no bloating and can now go to  the loo regularly.
I do try and stick mostly still to the candida diet as anything bread related still has the same effect but yiu can reintroduce things and see how you go.
Not sure if that's helpful but thought I'd share just in case.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2020, 01:01:09 PM »

Morning.   :thankyou:

sheila99

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2020, 10:40:56 AM »

Sophie79 just wondered if it might be worth checking if you've developed coeliac disease?

Muppapuppa

• First Flush
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2021, 05:07:18 PM »

Hello all

I have been having awful gurgling stomach, burping etc for about six months and some mornings running to the loo or being awoken with a burbly stomach 😫

Twinings peppermint tea is helping a little

Do you guys find it gets worse as the day progresses?

Sia

• First Flush
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2021, 12:44:04 PM »

Hi Guys,
New on the forum but just wanted to add my current experience,been having problems with stomach issues that may be made worse by my hormones,I'm peri menopause,have PMDD and cyclical vomiting syndrome which all add their own complications!
I'm currently still experimenting with my HRT on Sandrena 2.5mg,uterogestan 100mg 7-10 days a month vaginally depending on how much I can stand that particular month and Tostran 2-3 times a week but unfortunately menopause clinic not open right now due to Covid.
I suddenly developed a new stomach issue last summer,bloating and pressure feeling in my stomach,actual stomach/upper abdomen,no bowel or lower abdomen issues,well...not related to this new issue anyway as far as I can tell.
It is very uncomfortable,like I've over eaten at Xmas kind of uncomfortable but with no acid,gas symptoms just the extreme pressure/bloating and nausea,loss of appetite in stomach/upper abdomen.
Seen a gastro Dr privately who doesn't think it's serious and asked me to try a diet and suggested I try Symprove.I thought I'd post as someone mentioned gut bacteria and Symprove is a way of getting these.It's a bit expensive but I'm giving it a go along with the suggested diet and I have seen a big improvement although not completely resolved,I have long periods of no symptoms at all now.
The diet I suspect is an IBS kind of diet,avoiding bread,wheat,lactose,some fruits/veg etc I can elaborate if anyone wants to know more.
I'm currently 2 months into the Symprove(they recommend trying for at least 3 months)-it's a drink I take on empty stomach every morning,tastes gross but it's only 70ml once a day.
I'm using lactofree milk and yoghurt currently but as things are improving I'm slowly reintroducing different food to see what or if I react to them,lactose is next on the list.
I'm not sure but I think with stomach/hormone issues I've had in the past the Symprove has definitely helped,there seems to be a lot more research being done about gut bacteria so may be worth a go along with live yoghurt.Fermented things like kimchi/kpmbucha are suggested but I haven't tried any of these things yet.
Hope this info is useful to someone.x
Pages: 1 [2]