Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Saying hello and general intro  (Read 1177 times)

KateBee

• First Flush
Saying hello and general intro
« on: December 18, 2020, 10:42:15 PM »

Hi, I found this group by chance a few days ago when I was googling to find out about some of my current symptoms.
Then in a chat with my doctor today she recommended joining this site, and I'd already just been approved. Meant to be!
I had my last period nearly 5 years ago, I've been having hot flushes for 5 years, I keep thinking they'll stop but then they start up again.
I've treated myself with natural medicine all my adult life, I'm pretty healthy, I teach yoga etc etc,  but after starting a new romance I found out about the horrible term 'vaginal atrophy' the hard way..ouch, then talking to a friend yesterday, I've taken the plunge and am opting to try estrogen gel with a progesterone tablet.
5 years of hot flushes is too much, I've done all the herbs and remedies and none of them have helped. I'm sick of always become a sweaty, stressed mess while I'm teaching classes, and I really want to be able to have sex again.
I've been wary of HRT and the worries around cancer, but hell..this is no life right now!
So, I'm going in as soon as I can pick up the prescription.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Saying hello and general intro
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2020, 10:46:01 PM »

:welcomemm:  Quality of Life?

Which oestrogen and progesterone have you been prescribed?

Do read the 'bladder issues' and 'vaginal atrophy' threads here.  Make notes ;-)

Browse round.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2020, 02:12:15 PM »

Hiya Katebee.  :welcomemm:

Glad you've found us.
Yep, you've been struggling far too long.
Just wanted to welcome you, and wish you good luck with the HRT.
Any questions, just ask, someone will try to answer.
Let us know how your getting on with it, and good luck with the new boyfriend. 😍

Xx

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2020, 02:28:32 PM »

Hi, I found this group by chance a few days ago when I was googling to find out about some of my current symptoms.
Then in a chat with my doctor today she recommended joining this site, and I'd already just been approved. Meant to be!
I had my last period nearly 5 years ago, I've been having hot flushes for 5 years, I keep thinking they'll stop but then they start up again.
I've treated myself with natural medicine all my adult life, I'm pretty healthy, I teach yoga etc etc,  but after starting a new romance I found out about the horrible term 'vaginal atrophy' the hard way..ouch, then talking to a friend yesterday, I've taken the plunge and am opting to try estrogen gel with a progesterone tablet.
5 years of hot flushes is too much, I've done all the herbs and remedies and none of them have helped. I'm sick of always become a sweaty, stressed mess while I'm teaching classes, and I really want to be able to have sex again.
I've been wary of HRT and the worries around cancer, but hell..this is no life right now!
So, I'm going in as soon as I can pick up the prescription.
You might find the following book helpful to resolve your fears about HRT. It led me to try systemic HRT. There is a whole chapter about cancer worries. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oestrogen-Matters-Hormones-Menopause-Well-Being/dp/0349421773/ref=sr_1_1?adgrpid=64539739089&dchild=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiA5vb-BRCRARIsAJBKc6KDd1nV69xvVLIyA9PlsSxB2K6AZE0D5Y1eYE_yVwTQ9fbQAyPDJSYaAlyaEALw_wcB&hvadid=310571703095&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9044959&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=b&hvrand=3923777310011643265&hvtargid=kwd-516078147782&hydadcr=28152_1821059&keywords=oestrogen+matters&qid=1608387975&sr=8-1&tag=googhydr-21

KateBee

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2020, 11:31:50 PM »

Do read the 'bladder issues' and 'vaginal atrophy' threads here.  Make notes ;-)

Browse round.

Thank you I'll check.. I don't know which sort , I pick it up on tuesday and will report back

KateBee

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2020, 11:33:35 PM »

Hiya Katebee.  :welcomemm:

Glad you've found us.
Yep, you've been struggling far too long.
Just wanted to welcome you, and wish you good luck with the HRT.
Any questions, just ask, someone will try to answer.
Let us know how your getting on with it, and good luck with the new boyfriend. 😍

Xx
Thank you :D

KateBee

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2020, 11:39:58 PM »

Browse round.
I type VA into the search and it came up with so many references, can you narrow it down for me a bit?..just finding my way around the site..Is there a particular section to search in?
I'm finding loads of good stuff anyway