Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: internal shaking  (Read 1876 times)

isla

• First Flush
internal shaking
« on: December 11, 2020, 01:27:16 PM »

Hi, I am new to this but any help would be appreciated. I have had really bad internal shaking for months, worse in bed at night, loss of appetite and nausea. Some night sweats and palpitations which I can cope with. Not sure if all these are menopause related. Thanks for any help

sheila99

Re: internal shaking
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 01:59:44 PM »

:welcomemm:

I'm not sure about the loss of appetite but every thing else can be. I would have a chat with your gp to rule out anything else as many meno symptoms can also have other causes. You could discuss hrt too so you can make an informed decision.

marge

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 02:56:11 PM »

I had internal shaking which my GP said was due to menopause and anxiety. Horrid symptom, but it passed

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2020, 04:29:54 PM »

Hello Isla and welcome to the forum.

I had intense internal shaking that started three years after my last period. I put up with it for 6 months and then asked for HRT.  The worst of it went after a few weeks though I still had milder versions occasionally.
This is definitely a meno symptom and it is mentioned in my trusty meno book.  I have also experienced the other symptoms you list but may want to talk to your GP for confirmation.

Wishing you well.

K.

isla

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2020, 05:47:41 PM »

Thank you all for your responses. I am thinking about hrt but it does worry me a bit

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2020, 06:42:16 PM »

Anything we can help with? Most of the scare stories are from the old horse urine type. Transdermal is much safer, you have higher risk of cancer if you drink, smoke or are overweight than from transdermal hrt. There is still an increased but it's small. It's a personal decision but I decided quality of life was more important.

isla

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2020, 07:36:12 PM »

Thank you sheila99 I will look into the patches and I agree about quality of life. It's so nice to speak to people who are going thro the same things

Dotty

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2020, 08:30:52 PM »

Hi yes I had internal shaking, horrendous nausea and loss of appetite.....all caused by menopause. HRT stopped all of them . X

Itwillpass

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2020, 10:00:55 PM »

Yes I had this too also nausea & no appetite bloating etc which caused me to lose 3kg since June spoke to doctor who wasn’t too concerned. I now eat even when I don’t feel like it but weirdly feel better & less nauseous after.