Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 108

Author Topic: Doing stupid things  (Read 328653 times)

ducky ducky

Re: Doing stupid things
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2009, 03:12:53 PM »

ha ha just what i needed a good laugh. at the dr on monday the receptionist ask me my address a blank look on my face, a funny look from the girl standing next to me and i said, well i must live somewhere and laughed she then suggested the road and i said yes thats it, i laughed and said its the hormones ha ha

Hotnbothered

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2009, 03:14:25 PM »

i think that being able to laugh at ourselves is one of the biggest helps  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2009, 03:33:56 PM »

Yep - it's an age thing  ::) frustrating at the time but good for a giggle later on  ???

ariadne

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2009, 07:50:41 PM »

On my way through Reception at work today (no-one on Reception as Receptionist gone to lunch) I saw a gentleman I didn't recognise putting on one of our visitors coats (Hygiene regs-have to wear coat, hat, safety shoes, ear protection when going into factory). I asked him if he was OK and being attended to - he said Yes but could I find him a disposable hat. I looked behind Receptionists desk but the box was empty so I said I would pop upstairs and fetch one. I grabbed a handful of hats to fill up the box and then remembered he might need ear plugs if he hadn't already got some so I grabbed some of those too. I raced back downstairs, handed him a hat and then holding out the earplugs, I said "Do you have any ears, because you'll need these" He looked at me as if I was an imbecile and I felt such a fool! I rushed back upstairs to my office in shame and then found I was still clutching all the hats I had taken to refill the box in Reception!  :-[

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2009, 07:54:38 PM »

;D ... made his brain tick over probably ....... better than telling him to 'stick these in as well'  ???

Jules

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2009, 01:14:06 PM »

I'm laughing quietly as these and thinking, yup, that rings bells.  I've put orange juice in my tea before today, and poured milk into the teapot rather than hot water - here's another story for you.  I was staying with a cousin, out for the day in my car but on the way home stopped for some shopping.  She got in touch a couple of days later to ask had I seen her mobile phone ... Nope, checked in car, under seats & in pockets etc.  Nowhere to be seen.  She found it in the Freezer with the meat she had put away.  Now there's meno!  and by the way, she had tried ringing herself but it was turned off (or maybe just frozen solid!!!).  Apparently it thawed out ok and still worked.

Ring a ding ding! 

Hotnbothered

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2009, 01:55:43 PM »

;D ;D

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2009, 08:10:07 PM »

::)  I put lots of tea-bags into the caddy before pouring boiling water over the lot last week  >:( ..... all for one cuppa  ::)

It's my reading glasses that I spend most time looking for ............

Taz2

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2009, 08:20:13 PM »

It's not just meno ladies! My youngest son left the house yesterday - a rare event  ;D - and after he had closed the front door he looked up and saw my bedroom window open. Fearing a telling off from me - or a bollocking as he called it - he went back in, up the stairs, closed the window and then went off to catch the bus. Hours later he returned and found...... his doorkey still in the lock!!  ;D ;D

Taz x

Suzi Q

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2009, 10:17:58 AM »

On my way through Reception at work today (no-one on Reception as Receptionist gone to lunch) I saw a gentleman I didn't recognise putting on one of our visitors coats (Hygiene regs-have to wear coat, hat, safety shoes, ear protection when going into factory). I asked him if he was OK and being attended to - he said Yes but could I find him a disposable hat. I looked behind Receptionists desk but the box was empty so I said I would pop upstairs and fetch one. I grabbed a handful of hats to fill up the box and then remembered he might need ear plugs if he hadn't already got some so I grabbed some of those too. I raced back downstairs, handed him a hat and then holding out the earplugs, I said "Do you have any ears, because you'll need these" He looked at me as if I was an imbecile and I felt such a fool! I rushed back upstairs to my office in shame and then found I was still clutching all the hats I had taken to refill the box in Reception!  :-[

Ive just sat here laughing my head off with tears  :have you got any ears" hehehehehe love it

Rexi

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2009, 04:05:16 PM »

I'm loving this cause it makes me feel like l am not the only one!! I try to put the kettle in the fridge, milk on the kettle base. I try to open the front door all the time with the key fob to the car. Couldn't understand why my car kept clicking locked.  ::)

Other day l had to phone the lab where l work, and said hi this is me, as l couldn't remember my name!!!  ::) :o  Lucky for me the girl who answers the phone knows my voice! Then someone phoned my work and said hi is this Trish and l said, um, oh yeah! I seriously couldn't remember my name! Can't remember what those things are that you wear on your feet........shoes!!! Told my boss something and then repeated it again about 5 mins later cause l didn't know l told him earlier!

Why is it we remember those things but can't put a sentence together? lol

residualheat

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2009, 04:50:27 PM »

Thanks for this thread, it makes me feel so much better. Some lovely stories there!

I once watched my step mother take a joint of meat out of the oven to baste it and then try to put in the fridge. We still laugh about that.

My main things are standing in rooms wondering why I'm there and losing my glasses, only to find that I'm wearing them.

And banging my head on things. If I had a pound for every time I've bent down and then stood up and cracked my head on something, well, I'd be a rich woman now.

Suzi Q

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2009, 07:00:39 AM »

We are funny but we are women so we cope and find the funny side
Reading all the posts Im saying thats me thats me too
I hope this week no one puts the milk in the washer or the cat in the freezer OH LUCYYY where are you?????
Suzi Q :cuss:

purplerain

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2009, 11:20:43 PM »

Totally sympathise ladies! :)

Worst brain-freeze I've had lately is to phone my hairdresser and ask for an appointment for a 'blow job' next Friday!  ::)

Good job I've known him 25 years LOL

xx
[
/quote]    :drunklaf: That is SO funny, i almost wet myself laughing!!!!!

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2009, 08:54:27 AM »

at least it was 'almost'  ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 108