Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 108

Author Topic: Doing stupid things  (Read 328801 times)

Micky

Doing stupid things
« on: October 14, 2009, 06:06:26 PM »

Now i am getting worried...The other day i put the dog in the car and my husband who was coming with us stood in the rd to make sure it was clear before i backed out..Then i just drove off and it was not until i was a few hundred yards away that i realised i had forgotten him.. I looked in my rear view mirror and saw him standing there with his mouth open in total disbelief...I must admit i did giggle but it was also a bit of a worry..Tonight i did something else that i had not realised i had done until afterwards.. I dished up our evening meal and it was not until i washing up that i had noticed that i had used a side plate and a dinner plate instead of two same size dinner plates..I actually ended up in tears because i seem to be doing really daft and thoughtless things.. Is this normal for us peri/meno ladies or is it just me losing it... :'(

tiilycat

Re: Doing stupid things
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 06:30:20 PM »

Hi Micky,

It does seem to be a symptom of meno, and i was like you when these things started to happen, i did get a bit worried about it, and kept thinking `im losing my mind, whats going on`, but when i joined this site and saw a lot of posts on this subject, i realized it wasnt just me, and i started to relax a bit.

I will give you an example of one of my `moments`.... I had mum and dad down for dinner and i did the whole works, when i dished everything out we all sat down to eat, we were chatting but my dad was a bit quiet (which isnt like him) i asked if he was alright and he said `yes, but i was just wondering why you havent given me any sprouts roast potatoes or any chicken` i just couldnt believe i had done that and i was a bit upset at the time, but we all had a laugh about it later on.  ;D Tilly. x

Hotnbothered

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 07:14:32 PM »

Hi micky,
where do I start???
wondering why the tea cosy wouldn't go over the teapot...lifted it back up & found the pint of milk under there, so where was the teapot..yes, of course..in the fridge  ;D
putting a new pack of teabags in the teapot instead of in the tea tin, didn't notice until I went to pour the boiling water into the teapot  ;D

driving to town & walking half way home before I remembered I'd driven in  ;D

making an 'all in one' cake for the first time & turning round to see the sugar in the scale pan...cake was in the oven!

starting the ironing upstairs, popping down to check the washing on the line & then thinking 'oh hoovering' did that & several other jobs then went upstairs again to a very warm room several hours later (amazing how warm a room gets when you have left the iron on) plus I still had to finish the ironing  :(

I could go on & on & on but they might lock me up  ;D ;D

Chrissy

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 07:20:02 PM »

Hi Ladies :)..I know how you all feel...I actually tried to phone someone using the t.v remote ;D...Laughed afterwards but worrying......xxx

Jillymoo

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 10:29:33 PM »

Totally sympathise ladies! :)

Worst brain-freeze I've had lately is to phone my hairdresser and ask for an appointment for a 'blow job' next Friday!  ::)

Good job I've known him 25 years LOL

xx

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 11:22:30 PM »

I stood in front of my front door for ages the other day wondering why it wouldn't open - I was pointing my carkeys at it and pressing the button!!

Taz x

Suzi Q

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 05:07:36 AM »

What about putting the washing in the dishwasher?
As for the plates well done less washing
Dont worry and everyone else MEN do the same
My husband calls it his senor moments hehehe
Suzi Q :D

Libby Babe

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 05:47:47 AM »

I regularly try to open the car door without unlocking it first!  ::)
Orange juice in my tea!   ;D
Chrissy, I regularly try to make phone calls on my tv remote. 

I think one of the main reasons why we do these silly things is because we are all probably trying to do too many things at once and if you ladies are anything like me, your mind is usually 2 or 3 steps ahead of what you are actually doing, thinking about what you are going to do next.  There is no wonder we get confused.  :lol:

Suzi Q

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 07:27:46 AM »

THis afternoon at work I put all the dry clothes in the dryer and all the wet ones back in the basket
It was only when i got down to the babies room and started to fold I realised hehehehe
Dont ya just luv us meno ladies
Suzi Q

Micky

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 08:52:55 AM »

Thank you ladies thank god its not just me.. You did make me chuckle with all the meno/senior moments you have experienced.. ;D Just wondering what daft thing i am going to do next..

catweazle

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 09:07:47 AM »

My sister went to work in odd shoes. They weren't even the same colour.
I've not got that bad yet  ;D

Catweazle x

Hotnbothered

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2009, 09:18:48 AM »

i used to have a dark green & a dark brown pair of shoes in the same style & I used to have to look when I got to the front door to check that I had a matching pair on because they looked the same in the dark hallway, don't think I ever wore them odd but I can't be sure  ;D

Libby Babe

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2009, 11:11:28 AM »

Hubby went to work in one black sock and one blue the other day!  ;D

Hotnbothered

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2009, 11:17:11 AM »

my husband has some m&s socks with the days of the week on them, god help me if he puts the wrong ones on one day  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2009, 11:49:27 AM »

Join The Club!
It's an age issue, hubby does silly things too.  I note from my records that it's a year since I began charting the silly things I do daily because it was worrying me a lot at the time .........

Trying to phone a friend on the remote happens here too and the times I point the phone at the TV to change channels  ::)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 108