Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 109

Author Topic: Doing stupid things  (Read 376672 times)

Taz2

Re: Doing stupid things
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2009, 09:53:44 AM »

I have proof that it is not the meno that is responsible for us doing stupid things but probably age!

On Friday my husband bought a Euro Millions Lottery ticket and dropped it into the central storage box in his car. Less than ten minutes later he scooped up all the "rubbish" out of the central unit and put it in his huge waste bin outside our offices. The problem was - he didn't actually remember that he had done this until yesterday morning. He resolved that he would have to go back into the offices (a round trip of about 35 miles) to get the ticket out of the bin. This is the sort of bin that our local rough sleepers (tramps but not sure that is policitically correct nowadays) sleep in - not always a nice place to delve into!

In the utility room we have a microwave which a friend was getting rid of and we thought would be great to replace the one at work - stop the staff from grumbling about never having enough space to microwave their Iceland Specials. He had the great idea that, as the boot of the car was empty, then he could take it into the office when he went to retrieve the ticket. The microwave was duly put in the boot of the car, he went off to do battle with the bin and all was well. He phoned me, he had found the ticket... he didn't have one number but at least the bin didn't have any rough sleepers or rats in it! Anyway, sometime later he came home and decided that as it was a dry night he would load up his golf clubs ready for the morning. Can you guess what he found in the boot? Yep, the microwave!! I had to laugh. The microwave is now back in the utility room  :beat:

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2009, 09:56:45 AM »

GB£M45 - won by 2 people in the UK - each!

I made a complete hash of making cuppas for friends last evening, like I'd never lifted a tea-bag before  :-[

Suzi Q

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2009, 10:50:34 AM »

Bobbles came home tonight with a big grin I said whats up chuck
He said you will never guess what Mick did today What says I
He the told me that Mick all 56 years of age brought his buttie box in to the kitchen at work
Opened the fridge put them in then GOT HIS CAR CLIKER AND CLICKED THE FRIDGE DOOR!!!!!
They were all watching but said nothing
Boobles rang him a while later and said Mick can you bring your clicker and open the fridge we are gasping here
Mick of course told my Bobbles to  whooofff offf so see its men too
Suzi Q :-X

Hotnbothered

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2009, 12:04:51 PM »

:rofl: :rofl:

Suzi Q

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2009, 12:45:06 PM »

Men dont you just love them hehehehe
Suzi Q :bunny:

CLKD

« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2009, 12:46:16 PM »

:lol:  I have often tried to open our front door with the car remote and yesterday tried to lock the car when I was on the way to the PO and it wouldn't click; so I locked it manually having a good moan under my breath and saw that the spare key was in the dashboard  :bang: :bang: :bang: I don't even remember taking both keys off the hook in the house  ::)

Rexi

« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2009, 08:12:31 PM »

Went into work today and one of the drivers was standing there and l tried to open the office door with the car remote!  ::)

Ok, one must remember not to do things like this in front of others, especially dopey men who, well, keep on and on about it!!! He had to tell everyone!! I wanted to punch him!  ::)

I do know about computers, l know l know how to change the resolution on the computer, but when l went to change the resolution on our work computer, could l remember HOW to do it?? >:( No, the boss had to go and get the guy from the back and do it!! At least l was aware enough to say "Oh l already did that and the stupid thing wouldn't let me!"

Was making Pumpkin Cake last night and was going to put chocolate chips in it and didn't remember to put them in till the blooming thing was almost done!  ::)

You know, l don't remember signing up for this part of the process! I might have done but, nah l don't think l would have!  ;) :D

CLKD

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2009, 09:16:20 PM »

<hands over plate for pumpkin cake>  ........ what stopped you, thumping him I mean  ;D

monamay

« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2009, 09:38:02 AM »

Well i've just done THE most stupid thing!

I've sat and typed a new thread, its taken me ages, I previewed it and went back to correct spelling mistakes and pressed the wrong key!  Its all bl***y disappeared!  Now I can't be a***d to do it again! >:(

Hotnbothered

« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2009, 09:47:48 AM »

my favourite is to do a reply & then get timed out  :cuss: :bang:

CLKD

« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2009, 10:41:12 AM »

Oh HnB that really annoys me  :cuss:

I thumped myself in the lip this morning by leaning backwards to collect the seat belt, caught my thumb in my lip  >:(

Hotnbothered

« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2009, 10:42:23 AM »

Ouch! hope it's not sore  :)

tiilycat

« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2009, 10:58:14 AM »

This morning i tried to put my pen in the phone cradle instead of the phone  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2009, 11:34:57 AM »

:lol:

It brought tears to my eyes at first but it's OK not even a bruise to show for it  >:(

Rexi

« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2009, 09:27:19 PM »

<hands over plate for pumpkin cake>  ........ what stopped you, thumping him I mean  ;D

Come on over and get some!! Plenty left! Was a big hit at work too!  :)

Oh with this guy l have a look to tell him that he's just gone too far!  ::)  He over does it a lot! lol

Oh and one must not drive in a fog when the head seems like it's always in a fog!!  ;D  Made for some interesting driving!! lol
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 109