General Discussion > This 'n' That

Doing stupid things

(1/325) > >>

Micky:
Now i am getting worried...The other day i put the dog in the car and my husband who was coming with us stood in the rd to make sure it was clear before i backed out..Then i just drove off and it was not until i was a few hundred yards away that i realised i had forgotten him.. I looked in my rear view mirror and saw him standing there with his mouth open in total disbelief...I must admit i did giggle but it was also a bit of a worry..Tonight i did something else that i had not realised i had done until afterwards.. I dished up our evening meal and it was not until i washing up that i had noticed that i had used a side plate and a dinner plate instead of two same size dinner plates..I actually ended up in tears because i seem to be doing really daft and thoughtless things.. Is this normal for us peri/meno ladies or is it just me losing it... :'(

tiilycat:

Hi Micky,

It does seem to be a symptom of meno, and i was like you when these things started to happen, i did get a bit worried about it, and kept thinking `im losing my mind, whats going on`, but when i joined this site and saw a lot of posts on this subject, i realized it wasnt just me, and i started to relax a bit.

I will give you an example of one of my `moments`.... I had mum and dad down for dinner and i did the whole works, when i dished everything out we all sat down to eat, we were chatting but my dad was a bit quiet (which isnt like him) i asked if he was alright and he said `yes, but i was just wondering why you havent given me any sprouts roast potatoes or any chicken` i just couldnt believe i had done that and i was a bit upset at the time, but we all had a laugh about it later on.  ;D Tilly. x

Hotnbothered:
Hi micky,
where do I start???
wondering why the tea cosy wouldn't go over the teapot...lifted it back up & found the pint of milk under there, so where was the teapot..yes, of course..in the fridge  ;D
putting a new pack of teabags in the teapot instead of in the tea tin, didn't notice until I went to pour the boiling water into the teapot  ;D

driving to town & walking half way home before I remembered I'd driven in  ;D

making an 'all in one' cake for the first time & turning round to see the sugar in the scale pan...cake was in the oven!

starting the ironing upstairs, popping down to check the washing on the line & then thinking 'oh hoovering' did that & several other jobs then went upstairs again to a very warm room several hours later (amazing how warm a room gets when you have left the iron on) plus I still had to finish the ironing  :(

I could go on & on & on but they might lock me up  ;D ;D

Chrissy:
Hi Ladies :)..I know how you all feel...I actually tried to phone someone using the t.v remote ;D...Laughed afterwards but worrying......xxx

Jillymoo:
Totally sympathise ladies! :)

Worst brain-freeze I've had lately is to phone my hairdresser and ask for an appointment for a 'blow job' next Friday!  ::)

Good job I've known him 25 years LOL

xx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version